Wine in 9: The Complete Wine Tasting Course
What you'll learn
- Learn to connect the grapegrowing and winemaking processes to what you are smelling and tasting in your glass.
- Go step-by-step through the process of tasting.
- Discover techniques for training both your palate and your memory for detecting aromas and flavours.
- Learn a unique 3-step approach to building and expanding your wine knowledge over your lifetime.
- Collect ideas for your next wine tasting by replicating some of the demonstrations in the course.
- Learn not just the label jargon but the approaches to classifying quality that underpin them.
- Wine glasses, corkscrew, maybe a decanter if you already have one, and wine!
- A passion for wanting to get the most out of your wine tasting
Build Your Confidence with Wine and Maximize Your Drinking Pleasure
Life is too short not to get the most out of your wine drinking experience. When your confidence in wine is strengthened, you will experience these joyful moments far more frequently and with a heightened sense of both awareness and pleasure, based on the knowledge, skills and insight that you will gain in this course.
Along the way, learn how to tackle potential obstacles to your wine enjoyment, such as:
The anxiety you might feel when choosing a single bottle from the hundreds on the shelves of your wine store
Choosing a wine from a restaurant wine list when none of the producers on offer are known to you
Overcoming the feeling of not being able to detect any single, identifiable aroma or flavour in a wine
Being confused over which wine to pair with which food because of the conflicting advice that is out there
Not being able to understand what the terms on the wine label are indicating to you
Knowing when to reject a wine because of a wine fault
Selecting a wine for yourself or others based on their dietary choice or allergies
Practical demonstrations for those ‘aha’ moments
Mike Mazey is not only a flying winemaker but a seasoned educator. Throughout the course, Mike applies his teaching experience to practical demonstrations that lead to a deeper understanding of wine. Feel free to replicate these demonstrations and tasting suggestions at your next home wine tasting with friends and family and relish the ‘aha’ moments that will surely follow.
Wine’s Tipping Points
Throughout the course, you will be presented with both knowledge and practical suggestions that will build your wine confidence. The course structure is designed so that key insights are reached before going to the next level in a 3-step process for each of the three main wine types. This provides the framework for a lifetime of fun and fulfilment as your wine knowledge and experience grows.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for anyone who has a healthy interest in wine and wants to learn more. As such, no previous knowledge is required.
- People at all levels of wine knowledge will benefit from the approach this course takes as ways of broadening and deepening your understanding are explained at each of the 3 levels built into the framework.
- Those who are studying for WSET certificates at level 2 or above in English, especially when English is not their mother tongue, will benefit from the slow, clear explanation of the more technical concepts discussed in the course.
Hi, I'm Tom! I'm from the UK and I have a passion for teaching others the skills I've developed while working across multiple sectors (corporate, education and non-profit). Those skills include:
Developing training resources for in-person and e-learning courses (Blackboard, Moodle, iSpring, Udemy).
Digital media marketing, especially SEO, SEM and content marketing (Google Ads, Bing Ads, iOS Search Ads).
Videography for e-learning and digital marketing (iPhoneography, Lumafusion, DaVinci Resolve, Premiere Pro).
Design for web, print and presentations (HTML5/CSS3, Bootstrap, Wordpress, InDesign, Keynote, Google Slides, Powerpoint).
Language training, with a focus on business and academic English as well as preparation for exams such as IELTS and CAE.
Presenting convincingly to audiences numbering 1 or 1,000s.
Effectively managing remote teams using tools such as Zapier, Google Forms, Google Sheets, Dropbox and various GTD techniques.
Seems like a disparate set of skills? Well ever since my grad and post-grad studies - where I combined linguistics, literature and information technology - I've had fascination for the creative points where disparate fields might intersect.
So just recently I have been managing PPC campaigns for a Formula 1 team, training senior managers for a global bioscience company, and producing online courses for a published winemaker.
I'm also a qualified teacher, and whatever I've been working on, I invariably end up also teaching it in some form. So, if you are looking to start with or improve in any of the above skills, then please do keep an eye out for my new courses. Remember you have a 30-day money back guarantee if you're not happy with any course. Don't put off this next step in your personal development, enrol today!
After graduating from the Oenology (or Wine Science) degree at the University of Adelaide, Australia in 2003, I have had the privilege to work in some of the smallest and biggest wineries in both Australia, and my new home, the Czech Republic.
I have a passion for teaching, and nothing makes me happier than when I get to explain how the choices made in the vineyard and winery have an impact to what is being tasted in the glass. I love to see that "aha" moment in my students when they reach a new and deeper understanding of the fascinating world of wine.
Along the way, I have worked in many different aspects of the wine industry, which includes working in top restaurants as a sommelier, working in a cooperage and learning first hand how wine barrels are made, working in wine retail and in various marketing assignments.
Perhaps my most tangible achievement has been the completion of the book: Wine Words - English for Wine Professionals and Wine Lovers, of which I am the lead author. This is the world's first comprehensive guide to learning Wine English for non-native speakers of the language.
For more information, please go to my website: www.winewordsthebook.com