WINE SERVICE - Professional Skills in Hospitality
What you'll learn
- How to Taste Wine (Using the deductive method)
- How to Detect Flaws in Wine
- How to Serve Wine in a Restaurant Setting
- How to Decant wine in a Restaurant Setting
- How to Read U.S. and European Wine Labels
- How to Open Wine with a Sabre
- Proper Glassware Selection
- No existing alcohol, wine or service knowledge is required
- All individuals wishing to drink alcohol must be of legal age where they reside This course does not condone underage drinking in any capacity.
Why should you take this course? There's soooo many on wine! Take this course because it teaches what others aren't. Namely, that actual skills you need to become a professional waiter or bartender! Or improve on your professional skills if you already have that job and were too embarrassed to ask how to do these things.
Ever wonder what's the big deal about all those famous Bordeaux wine? We explain & review the classifications here.
Hospitality service skills are learned not just known. I'm sure we've all seen professional servers, bartenders or Sommeliers and wanted to execute like they did. Or you want to get into the industry or get promoted as you're already working in a restaurant or bar. Here you'll learn the skills you need or can improve on skills you've figured out on your own. As a bonus, I've also included a lecture on how to select the correct glassware for all beverages form Beer, Wine & Spirits and cocktails.
This course reviews:
How to Taste Wine like an Expert (Using the deductive method)
How to Detect Flaws in Wine
How to Serve Wine in a Restaurant Setting
How to Decant wine in a Restaurant Setting
How to Read U.S. and European Wine Labels
How to Open Wine with a Sabre
Explanation of OFFICIAL BORDEAUX WINE CLASSIFICATION OF 1855
Proper Wine, Spirits, Cocktails & Beer Glassware Selection
Get the skills and earn more money. Get that job or promotion. Restaurants and bars are great for side jobs or a life long profession; offering fun and flexibility not known in other professions. Trust me, I made my career in it.
Class is in session. Drink up!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in wine
- People new to the Hospitality industry and want to gain wine service skills rapidly
- People with no experience who want to enter the Hospitality Industry
Hospitality industry professional with over 20+ years experience. Specialist of Spirits certification, Certified Sommelier, Mixologist, entrepreneur & author of 11 books related to Beer, Wine, Spirits, Sake, Cigars and Hospitality Service. Past positions include bartender, General Manager, Director of Food & Beverage, Director of Restaurants & Bars and Assistant Director of Beverage, supervising hundreds at a 5 star, 5 diamond casino in Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S. This industry experience gained has allowed me to serve guests and train employees at the highest levels.
I am very lucky to have had some great mentors throughout my career and want to pass on the good karma of knowledge. I really get a thrill out of showing someone something new or teaching a new skill they can use in their hospitality career, so I really hope you enjoy the courses!