Wine Primer - Learn wine from a Certified Sommelier
What you'll learn
- Become a wine expert in two hours
- Pick wines with confidence in all situations—from the restaurant to the housewarming party
- How to articulate what you like and don't like with confidence
- What “terroir” is and why it’s such a big deal
- How wine is made & why it matters
- How to read a wine label
- The most important wine gear and how to use it
- How to see, smell, and taste wine to maximize the experience
- The most important white and red grapes
- How to pair wine and food
The idea for Wine Primer came from friends constantly asking for me to teach them wine! It's a distillation of the most important and practical things I've learned about wine throughout my journey becoming a sommelier.
I can't tell you how much I wish this course existed when I got started in wine. It would have saved me SO much time, money, and effort.
Plus, most wine courses out there are overly academic and boring—but not Wine Primer!
I hope you enjoy!
Who this course is for:
- Wine beginners
- Wine lovers who want to learn more
- People who want to make more informed wine buying decisions
- People who attend or host a lot of dinner parties and want to be more thoughtful about the wine they bring/serve
- People who get anxious when they walk into a wine store or see a long wine list
- People who have ever felt embarrassed to not know much of anything about wine
In 2016, Kyle Weeks left his finance job at Apple to move to New York City to attend culinary school on a James Beard Scholarship. While there, he realized his culinary school had a top-tier wine program. Kyle completed the wine program, studying under ten Master Sommeliers en route to becoming a Certified Sommelier.
He's passionate about teaching people the fundamentals of wine so they don't have to "learn it the hard way."