Crash Course on Wine - Wine 101
What you'll learn
- Answers to common questions about wine for the wine novice
- Gain insights into picking the perfect bottle off a wine list or at the store
- Understand the fundamentals of the ideal food and wine pairing
- Walk away with some fancy wine vocabulary and terms to use
- Learn the basics of which wine glass to use for which wine and in what settings
- Increase your confidence in the exploration of new delicious wines from around the globe
- Obtain the fundamental knowledge to taste wine with confidence
Wine is a big deal. Join celebrity sommelier, Ryan Vet as he takes you on a journey through the basics of wine in this Wine 101 course. The United States alone consumes almost 1 billion gallons of wine a year and wine consumption is growing at a rapid rate. In this wine crash course, we tackle some of the most basic building blocks of wine and answer some of the most common questions. Whether you are just exploring the world of wine or want to be a bit more educated with a few facts about vino, this course is for you.
If you want to learn wine pairing basics or figure out which glass to use for what type of wine, this course is for you. With fast paced lectures, you will learn the top 10 thing you need to know to up your wine game in a significant way. After this course, you will be equipped with some tips and tricks to buy the best bottle for your money and impress your friends with some fancy wine terms in the process. Plus, you’ll know how to pour the right wine into the right glass.
If you already have a bit of a wine foundation or if you are pursuing a wine certification such as WSET, CMS or CSW, check out our other courses. This Wine 101 course contains basic wine tips and insights for everyday wine consumption.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone that wants to learn a bit more about wine
- Designed for wine hobbyists
Ryan Vet is a serial entrepreneur that has taught audiences around the globe on marketing, entrepreneurship and business principles. In addition, Ryan is passionate about craft beverages. He is the host of TV Series, Sip'd, a trained sommelier and also owns a series of craft beverages lounges.
Ryan is passionate about practical education, making learning approachable and enjoyable. After sitting on advisory boards of companies, teaching healthcare continuing education courses and being an advisor to higher education institutions, Ryan sees the great need for easily digestible learning. This is one of the many reasons Ryan has created approachable wine courses.
Ryan has appeared on ABC, NBC, FOX, CBS, USA Today, Forbes, Financial Times and more for his innovation and entrepreneurial leadership. He has had the opportunity to speak to audiences around the globe and is excited for you to join his class.