Windows Server Remediation using Tenable Nessus Virtual Appl
What you'll learn
- Performing remediation on Windows Servers and Desktops
- Installing and configuring WSUS Server Role
- Network Security - VMware Workstation 16 Pro
- Install and use Tenable Nessus Virtual Appliance
- The only requirement is a willingness to learn.
- And access to a laptop or desktop computer.
- Be able to install Windows Server in a Virtual environment(VMware ESXi, VirtualBox,VMWare Workstation, Hyper-V etc)
- Willing to take the time to practice
Windows Server Update Service (WSUS) and Tenable Nessus Essentials are the tools we will be using in this course.
Windows Server Update Services (WSUS) enables administrators to centralize the deployment of the latest Windows updates throughout their domain
WSUS features include:
The incorporation of bandwidth management for optimum use of network resources.
Automatic download of updates by category.
The ability to target updates to specific computers or sets of computers.
Enhanced reporting capabilities.
Multiple language support.
Tenable Network Security has released a virtual appliance for the Nessus 3 vulnerability scanner.
Nessus® Professional automates point-in-time assessments to help quickly identify and fix vulnerabilities, including software flaws, missing patches, malware, and misconfigurations, across a variety of operating systems such as (Windows, Linux, Apple OS, and IBM OS) network devices, and applications.
The Nessus scanning engine uses plug-ins to detect new vulnerabilities. Tenable pushes plug-ins that contain the latest information to customer systems within 24 hours after a vulnerability has gone public. Because new vulnerabilities appear nearly every day, customers receive daily plug-in feeds to stay current.
This course will teach you how to maximize the built-in features of WSUS for windows updates. I will also teach you how to deploy and make use of the benefits of the Nessus scanning engine to discover and remediate vulnerabilities.
Who this course is for:
- Everyone who wants to learn about Windows Server Remediation and Patch management
- Everyone who would like to learn how to install and configure WSUS Server Role and use it to provisioned updates to windows Server and desktops
- New admins and seasoned admins who want to simplify windows update process
- Persons who are not very familiar with remediating Windows Servers and using Tenable Nessus
My name is Omar McLeod.I have been in the technology field for more than twelve (12) years and during all those years, I have learned so much from so many people. Self-improvement is a daily activity of mine and the pursuant of excellence is an ongoing process I will always be a part of.
I was once employed by one of Jamaica's most prominent and arguably the best Technology Services Provider for a little over four (04) years. During my time with this company, I have had the pleasure of working with some of the largest companies in Jamaica (NCB, JPS Co Ltd, Bank Of Jamaica (BOJ), Digicel) to name a few.
The experience and professionalism within these dynamic and fast-paced companies are quite admirable and I have learned so much about computer network infrastructure and management. The experience and knowledge that I have gathered give me the confidence to create this course and present it to you.
I have certifications in :
Microsoft (MTA, MCP)
CompTIA (Linux Plus)
Linux Professional Institute (LPIC-1)