- 7 hours on-demand video
- 10 articles
- 31 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the Powershell command line
- How to write Powershell scripts to automate redundant tasks
- Install and Update Windows PowerShell
- Learn the Basics of Windows PowerShell 5.1
- Introduction to the Text Based Console and Intelligent Scripting Environment (ISE)
- Utilize the PowerShell Help System
- Finally Understand PowerShell Syntax
- Understand Objects, Properties and Methods
- Understand the PowerShell Pipeline
- Create and Manage Active Directory Users with PowerShell
- Create and Delete Organizational Units with PowerShell
Welcome to PowerShell for Beginners and Administrators Course. This course will improve how you manage your IT environment, and it will get your very familiar with PowerShell and how to find all the right commands using the PowerShell built-in help system!
In this lecture, we will be going over getting help and finding commands.
In this lecture you are going to learn about PowerShell variables. You will learn how to declare the variables as well as how you might want to use them.
In this lecture, I will talk to you about if you should or shouldn't watch this section. This section is designed specifically for those of you that don't have access to a production network. This section will help you set up your own lab, so that you can get hands on experience.
- The ability to run or install Windows Powershell
This course is designed to provide you with a solid foundation of Windows PowerShell 5.1. We will start with the basics of PowerShell 5.1 and end with you writing your own powerful automation scripts.
In this course we will cover the following major topics:
The basics of Windows PowerShell
Windows PowerShell system requirements
Installing and Updating Windows PowerShell
How to use the CLI (Command Line Interface)
How to use the ISE (Intelligent Scripting Environment)
How to get help and find commands within the CLI
Getting Started with Windows PowerShell
Getting Help and Finding Commands
The Language of PowerShell - Command Syntax, Objects and Properties, and the Pipeline
Setup your own PowerShell On Premises IT Lab
Basic Active Directory Domain Administration with Windows Powershell
An introduction to Desired State Configuration made simple!
And MUCH more!
Once we have covered this foundation, we will move on to writing PowerShell scripts. We will start with simple tasks before moving on to more advanced and complicated script writing.
- Help Desk Professionals that would like to automate redundant tasks
- Beginners and experienced Powershell administrators who would like to sharpen their IT coding skills