Windows Phone Mobile App Development
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Identify the different types of mobile development projects available for use on Windows Phone
- Identify and explain certain problem solving techniques for mobile applications.
- Identify, explain and apply program design tools.
- Program mobile applications for the Windows operating system that use basic and advanced phone features.
- Deploy applications to the Windows marketplace for distribution.
- A basic understanding of fundamental programming concepts using C# is required
This course is an introduction to mobile application development, including market opportunities, challenges, and architectural models. Course covers an overview of development concepts found in Microsoft Mobile 8.1. Become familiar with the end-to-end process to install, develop, test, and distribute mobile applications. As mobile environments are changing rapidly, this course provides a broader understanding for specialization in one of these major platforms. Prepare to deal with the challenges of application development for the mobile market including limited screen size and memory, gesture based GUI, connectivity, and the variety of available phones. This hands-on class provides unique and valuable content on how to contrast the approaches taken by the major mobile players.
- This course is designed for students that already have an understanding of of C# programming but may not have any experience with mobile development. This course starts at the beginning and assumes no prior Windows Phone knowledge.
- This course is for students, developers interested in app development, or C# programmers that want to learn about mobile project types.
- Since this course requires some basic knowledge of C# development, this course is not for students or programmers that have not already covered the basics of C#.NET.
Now that you have the UI controls setup, it is time to learn how to gather the information from those controls. Working with UI controls in the C# code is almost exactly the same to working with controls in regular windows forms applications. In this section you will also see where to put the method that calculates the user's age.