Windows 10 Security Features
What you'll learn
- Understand the current nature of the security threat landscape
- Windows 10 mitigations that you can configure
- Learn the Windows 10 mitigations that require no configuration
- Describe some of the external tools that enhance endpoint security
- Explain the built-in security defenses Windows 10
- Basic understanding of Windows operating system
- Basic understanding of computer networks
- Basic knowledge of accessing and using simple Windows PowerShell commands
In this course we will examine the out-of-the-box security features and technologies in the Windows 10 Operating system. We will cover topics like the hardware security features (Secure Boot, VSM, etc.) and software security features (Device Guard, Windows Defender Firewall, Credential Guard, AppLocker, etc.)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
Understand the current nature of the security threat landscape
Explain the built-in security defenses Windows 10
Understand Windows 10 mitigations that you can configure
Understand the Windows 10 mitigations that require no configuration
Describe some of the external tools that enhance endpoint security
This course is designed to get you started as quickly as possible. There are a variety of self-paced learning activities. You will get:
Video lectures on each topic explaining each concept thoroughly with examples (and Demonstrations where applicable)
Review questions (quizz) at the end of each section
Hands-on Labs at the end of the course in which you will practice at your own pace. You will have 3 Labs available and step by step instruction files available to complete the Labs tasks like: implementing Windows Defender Firewall rules, IPSec, Bitlocker and much more.
Final Exam at the end of the course - 20 questions to test your knowledge on the topics and concepts learned in the course
Links to official Microsoft resources/blogs/videos for further documentation.
This course is the 6th course from a series of 9 courses which address all aspects to become a Microsoft Cyber Security Professional . This cyber security track is designed to teach you, or fill in the knowledge gaps, all the aspects and technologies to become a successful cyber security professional. The entire track addresses mostly Microsoft security technologies, including the latest cloud services made available by Microsoft like: Microsoft Defender Suite, Office 365 security features and services, Microsoft Graph, Azure Active Directory Security and many more.
Microsoft, Windows, Microsoft 365 and Microsoft Azure are either registered trademarks or trademarks of Microsoft Corporation in the United States and/or other countries. This course is not certified, accredited, affiliated with, nor endorsed by Microsoft Corporation.
Who this course is for:
- Security Administrators, Security Analysts, System Administrator
- Any IT enthusiast who wnts to get started in cyber security and be confortable with the Windows 10 OS security features
Technology is rapidly becoming a way of life, a way of work, a way in which everyone moves forward faster. Our courses were created on the basis that we could help people to become empowered by learning IT skills themselves, rather than having someone else tell them what to do.
IT New Courses gives people the depth of knowledge they need to get IT certifications which have a high-demand for professional careers in the job market. Our goal is to always bring you the most up to date content needed to not only pass the exam, but gain the real world experience necessary to excel in your IT career.
IT New Courses brings you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts in the following areas:
- Cloud Computing and Environments
- Server Administration
- Cyber Security
Our courses are created by professional instructors who are certified with the following:
- Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Operating System Fundamentals
– Microsoft Technology Associate: Networking Fundamentals
– Microsoft Technology Associate: Windows Server® Administration Fundamentals
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: Windows 8 (MCSA)
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Associate: Windows Server 2012 R2 / 2016 (MCSA)
– Server Virtualization with Windows Server Hyper-V and System Center (MCSA)
– Microsoft® Certified Solutions Expert: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (MCSE)
– Comptia Security +
– Microsoft Cyber Security Professional
– Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH v10)
– Micrsosoft Certified Azure Solutions Architect Expert