Windows 10 Administration
What you'll learn
- Carry out administrative tasks by optimizing Windows 10 in your organization
- Install/upgrade Windows 10 and personalize your UI
- Develop the core skills needed to administer multitasking in Windows 10
- Secure your Windows 10 environment by applying best practices
- Maintain and troubleshoot common problems with Windows 10
- Set up your Windows 10 environment for virtualization with Hyper-V
- Some knowledge of admin tasks would be beneficial.
Windows 10 is a Microsoft operating system for tablets, personal computers, embedded devices and Internet of Things. Windows 10 has outranked Windows 7 as the most popular OS in the world. It holds more than 39% of the market share for desktop operating systems and runs on more than 700 million devices. Being able to administer a Windows machine is a key requirement for sysadmins as many businesses opt for Windows.
This comprehensive guide will help you as an admin use Windows 10 for your administration requirements. It will help Windows 7 administrators update their administration skills from to Windows 10 and sharpen them. Beginning with a quick introduction to Windows 10, you’ll see how to install and optimize the operating system. We’ll cover the new features and admin tools that Windows 10 brings to the table and you’ll see how it benefits you over previous versions.
Moving on, we’ll deep dive and cover all the administrative tasks in Windows 10 such as Group Policy, installing and updating drivers, indexing, Windows security (encryption and authentication), RSAT, remote desktop connection, secure boot along with troubleshooting boot problems, Windows networking, firewall, virtualization (Hyper-V), creating backups, and recovery. Finally, we’ll also cover troubleshooting techniques so you can solve issues that you might face with Windows 10.
By the end of the course, you’ll be very confident in carrying out administrative tasks with Windows 10 in your organization using the skills you acquired here.
About the Author
Who this course is for:
- This course is for sysadmins, IT professionals, and developers who want to learn Windows 10 for administration purposes. This course will immensely benefit Windows administrators who are proficient in Windows 7 and want to update their skills to Windows 10.
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.