Why I Write: Embrace the Power Within & Write Like Orwell
What you'll learn
- This nano course has been developed for writers at all levels— whether you’re in the process of defining who you are as a writer, struggling with writers' block or building a portfolio of work for an arts and culture-based course. No prior experience in writing is needed, but your passion for creativity might come in handy!
- Use the exercises and resources provided to set exciting and achievable goals that will enable you to develop your literature in a way and at a pace that suits you.
- Use the draft of work you create as a marketing device (such as the biography for your blog site), a source of encouragement when faced with writers' block or other creative dry spells, or even as part of a larger project.
- Use this course to stimulate your creative writing and problem solving skills.
- Share this course with friends, your writers' group, etc, and add a new flavour to your workshop agenda.
- Use this course as part of your Arts Award or AQA creative writing portfolio. Feel free to email email@example.com if you'd like to know more about these globally recognised accreditations and qualifications.
- Your preferred writing materials, a comfortable space where you can think and write, and your imagination!
“Of all the things I could be doing, why do I feel compelled to write?” This is a question all writers ask at the start of their journey, and even during their lifetime. This nano course is dedicated to helping you establish your reason for writing. The lectures and exercises provided, encourage you to tease out ideas and goals, articulate aims and objectives, and understand why your story is worth sharing with the world! There are also some wider reading materials by the inspirational George Orwell — author of the famous essay, 'Why I Write'. The work you produce on this course can be used as a pick-me-up if you ever face that dreadful writers' block, lack a little confidence or feel demotivated. If you're taking an accredited creative writing course, consider adding the work you do here to your portfolio.
Who this course is for:
- This nano course has been especially successful with poets, monologue and flash fiction writers, but of course, anyone with an interest in literature and literacy development is welcome to join.
In 2010, I founded Scribble Ink - a story consultancy dedicated to coaching artists throughout their creative process. Creative writing and creative enterprise programmes are available for practitioners at all levels with story ideas for stage, screen, audio, e-book, or online content.
Scribble Online offers podcast-style lectures and fillable workbooks that provide workshop and consultation experiences, accessible from any location, at any time, using your laptop, PC, tablet or smartphone.
Enrol today and share the many experiences my London-based writers enjoy during live sessions.
I'm so glad you've chosen to invite me on your creative journey, and I look forward to supporting you!
Writer, Story Consultant and Chocoholic xo
Scribble Ink: The Writers' Revelation Revolution