How to Analyze a Wholesale Deal in Real Estate
What you'll learn
- Find and use comps to calculate your After Repair Values (ARVs)
- Learn to calculate a reliable Maximum Allowable Offer (MAO)
- Use a custom built wholesaling calculator to analyze your future deals
- Understand the difference between the 70% Rule and the Fixed Costs Method
- Present a compelling pitch to potential investor buyers
- Microsoft Excel 2013+
Alexander Lang - 5 Stars
“Symon is so knowledgeable in the realm of real estate analysis I feel I've been in the business for years not months under his tutelage. His tone is smooth and well articulated. His "Wholesaling-Calculator" alone is worth the price of admission. You can literally plug in the numbers and all the work is done for you. I Highly recommend this course!”
Derral Fralish - 5 Stars
“Symon is great! I've completed two of his courses and highly recommend his lessons to anyone!”
Ethan Wong - 5 Stars
“Another very good class from Symon. Clear lectures, and very good class materials. I really liked the included worksheets that had pitches to the two main types of end buyers.”
So you want to get into wholesaling, but you’re not sure how to evaluate a deal.
This is the course for you.
Before you decide to drop hundreds or even thousands of dollars on some real estate “guru’s” system, save yourself time and money by learning vital foundational knowledge here first.
I don’t deal in fluff, just relevant concepts and tools you need to know in order to start learning how to evaluate a wholesaling deal.
If you want to learn the techniques that the pros use to evaluate their deals AND get a custom-built calculator to speed up that process for you, then this course will get you started on the right foot.
Before you read further it is important to note that THIS IS A BEGINNERS COURSE designed for total novices with little to no background in real estate. If you are an experienced real estate investor, you should look elsewhere. (Like maybe some of my other courses you can find on the bottom of this page!)
I can't promise I'll help you get rich enough to buy your own a yacht and a pair of Ferraris, but I can teach you the important fundamentals you’ll need to understand to properly evaluate wholesaling deals.
After getting my MBA from Stanford, I worked on over $400M in different real estate deals. And as a licensed broker and consultant, I've worked with many clients doing all sorts of deals, from wholesaling all the way to ground-up multi-million dollar commercial real estate deals. I know what makes a deal work not work.
Mark Bowden - 5 Stars
“I have been a Realtor for over 10 years and have worked with investors during most of this time. Symon's course of "Real Estate Wholesaling Investment Analysis for Beginners" is a great resource for beginning investors and Realtors working with them. His Excel spreadsheet is also a great way to quickly analyze a property for investment purposes. if you decide to purchase a property you still need to do a detailed scope of work which this spreadsheet isn't designed for. Symon stated this in the course overview. He has additional courses that give you the knowledge you need to be successful in real estate investing.”
Johnathan Mark - 5 Stars
“Calculator will definitely be used. Also, I appreciate the ability to print out PDFs for my buyers.”
How do I know if this course is right for me?
If you've EVER wanted to know:
• The basics of wholesaling analysis
• What is the 70% rule?
• What is the After Repair Value, why it matters, and how do you calculate it?
• What is the Fixed Costs Method?
• What is the Maximum Allowable Offer, why it matters, and how do you calculate it?
• How do you pitch your property to a flip investor buyer?
• How do you pitch your property to a buy & hold investor buyer?
If you said YES to any of the above, then this course is definitely for you.
How is this different from your other courses?
This course only covers how to run an investment analysis for a wholesaling deal and nothing else.
For comparison, my other courses focus exclusively on other types of investing--running analysis for fix & flips and rental income properties as well as more comprehensive coverage of topics such as investing in apartments, investing with partners, investing in Airbnb units, commercial real estate, and more.
If you just want to learn analysis for wholesaling, then just take this course.
If you only intend to invest rental income properties, invest with business partners, in apartments or in commercial properties, etc.... then check out my other real estate courses here on Udemy.
What if I don't have any real estate background?
No problem. You can get started without any real estate background. I’ve designed this as an introductory course for people just like you.
When you’ve finished this course, if you want to learn other foundational and advanced topics, please feel free to check out my other courses here on Udemy.
I have some real estate background already, what could I learn from your course?
Unless you are already familiar and experienced with evaluating wholesaling deals and have your own effective calculators, you'll benefit from this course.
Advanced students have told me numerous times over the years that the investment calculator provided in the course is worth the price by itself.
Can you make me rich by taking this course?
No way! Not just from taking the course, anyway. Anyone who promises you that is selling snake oil.
If you take my course AND apply what you learned to make smarter invests in the future, then you have a chance at making some real money.
What I can guarantee is that you will leave with some serious real estate investing knowledge, techniques, and tools.
What else does this course cover besides real estate investing?
This course is ALL about and ONLY about investment analysis concepts and techniques for wholesaling. Nothing else.
What will I be able to do after I take your course?
After taking my course, you will be:
• Able to confidently use techniques like the 70% Rule and the Fixed Costs Method to evaluate your wholesaling deals
• Able to confidently present the deal economics to both potential flip investor buyers as well as buy & hold investor buyers
• Able to confidently use the custom-built calculator to evaluate all your future wholesaling deals
What WON'T I get from this course?
• You will NOT learn everything there is to know about wholesaling. This particular subject has a lot to cover and this particular course is only about the small (but important) analysis part of the process.
• You will NOT become an expert or understand advanced techniques. This is a BEGINNERS COURSE meant for BEGINNERS.
• You will NOT get a real estate license from taking this course. You can only get licensed by taking the appropriate test with the testing agency of your state and country. But what is taught in this course has nothing to with getting a license, which focuses on how to legally transact real estate deals between buyers and sellers. This course is about investment analysis only.
• I will not be evaluating your personal investment deals for you in this course. This is about you learning how to do it on your own using the lessons and the tools here. For students who want to become my consulting clients, I do offer private consulting services starting at $10,000 USD.
Daniel Apte - 5 Stars
“Great course! This is the kind of brass tacks number crunching we need to succeed in real estate—thanks!”
Guy Perry - 5 Stars
“Amazing course! Quick, but very detailed. You got to have this course if you are planning to do any wholesaling deal.”
Anupom Ghosh - 5 Stars
“....another great real estate financial analysis course created by Symon He. The spreadsheet and the lessons on ARV and MAO are very important when your dealing with rehabbers ,buy-hold, and other wholesalers because you have to know your numbers or you will go nowhere. Take the class!”
What’s holding you back?
Are you afraid this course won’t work? I promise you it will.
Are you afraid this course will work and you’ll actually have to start investing? I think that’s a pretty good problem to have.
Are you afraid it will take time and effort? It will. Real estate isn’t an easy business; if it was everyone would do it. But if you put in the work I promise you’ll see results.
Best of all, there is absolutely ZERO risk. Udemy gives you a 30-day money back guarantee to ensure you get what you pay for.
So go ahead and sign up.
I hope to see you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to learn the basics of evaluating a wholesaling deal in real estate
- Anyone who wants to learn to properly calculate the After Repair Value for a property
- Anyone who wants to learn to properly calculate the Maximum Allowable Offers they should make
- Anyone who wants to understand how to use the 70% Rule
- Anyone who wants a calculator to automatically analyze their deals for them AND generate printable reports for potential buyers
Symon He is the author of the Rental Property Investing QuickStart Guide, Amazon best-seller Real Estate Investing QuickStart Guide, and the co-author of Airbnb for Dummies, all available now on Amazon and in bookstores throughout North America.
He is also co-founder of LearnBNB, a leading online educational destination for all things Airbnb hosting and short-term rentals. His works have been cited or featured on the Wall Street Journal, Reuters, Forbes, CNBC, Entrepreneur, and SKIFT. Through his training and coaching programs, he has worked directly with thousands of aspiring Airbnb hosts to jumpstart their short term rental journeys. His training programs have been featured by prominent third-party partners, including a joint venture with RichDad.
As a licensed broker, Symon previously helped private real estate investors with their acquisitions and deal structuring. As an angel investor, he also advises and invests in early stage startups.
Previously, Symon worked in several corporate real estate and finance roles at large private and Fortune 80 companies, including at a private equity investment firm covering a wide range of commercial real estate acquisitions in the western USA.
Symon received dual degrees in Computer Engineering and Economics with Honors from UC Irvine and an MBA from Stanford University.