Eat Real Food: How to Eat a Whole Food, Plant-Based Diet
What you'll learn
- What foods are included as part of whole food, plant-based eating, and why.
- What foods are excluded as part of whole food, plant-based eating, and why.
- Why whole plant foods provide the most health, healing, and protection benefits.
- How a holistic nutrition approach differs from a reductionist nutrition approach.
- Nutrition characteristics of all the different whole plant food groups to know how to use them to benefit your health and weight.
- How to make healthy plant-based eating quick, easy, and simple with access to dozens of WFPB recipes.
- How to do grocery shopping for whole plant foods and the best ways to eat them.
- How to eat whole food, plant-based outside of the home, when in restaurants or while traveling.
- How to use your diet to improve your health, weight, energy, and longevity.
- How to create a life-long foundation of healthy eating habits.
- Access to a high-speed internet to enjoy the class videos in the best quality.
- Access to a variety of fresh, wholesome, plant foods.
- Access to a kitchen to make some of the recipes and/or meal ideas referenced in the course.
Eat Real Food takes you on a journey of creating a solid foundation for life to know what plant foods to eat and why.
What you choose to put on your plate and into your body each day plays one of the most important roles in creating your health, weight, energy, and wellbeing. Not only that, but today, what you choose to eat has a direct impact on our healthcare, environment, and entire society. We cast our vote most effectively for the kind of world we want to have by what we spend our money on and what we choose to eat. When you make the choice to eat whole plant foods, you are making the choice to not only help yourself, but help other humans, animals, and our entire Earth.
Eat Real Food is not a diet or a quick-fix, but a lifestyle and its success depends on a change in your perspective and habits.
Whether you are interested in reducing animal products, like meat, eggs, and dairy, or removing them completely from your diet, or looking to adopt a healthy vegan diet, this course will educate, inspire, and empower you to know how to eat right with confidence.
You will gain skills to know:
What foods make up a Whole Food, Plant-Based lifestyle diet
How to do groceries for wholesome plant foods
How different plant foods satisfy and benefit your nutritional needs
How to approach creating quick and easy, wholesome, plant-based meals
How to deal with concern foods like wheat, soy, oils, and sweeteners
How to eat in the best way possible beyond your home and kitchen
How to make the Whole Food, Plant-Based lifestyle successful and enjoyable
Eat Real Food liberates you from counting calories and obsessing about isolated nutrients; it teaches you to eat based on the intelligent design of whole plant foods!
This course teaches nutrition from a holistic perspective that focuses on the whole big picture, and NOT a narrow reductionist perspective that counts calories and isolated nutrients. You will learn how to focus on eating the right foods, instead of being distracted by trying to get individual nutrients.
The course provides 4 sections with over 4 hours of video content, as follows:
Section 1 - Introduction provides the basics of Whole Food, Plant-Based eating.
Section 2 - Foundation presents what whole plant foods to eat and why, and tips for incorporating them into your diet.
Section 3 - Application includes a practical summary of how you can approach Whole Food, Plant-Based eating in everyday life.
Section 4 - Quick Tips answers common questions about plant-based nutrition offers numerous tips to help you succeed and strengthen your understanding.
The course provides downloadable summary, activity, and handout sheets for most of the lessons, as well as numerous links to other helpful web resources, like educational articles and over 60 recipes and meal ideas.
NOTE: The "Eat Real Food" course does NOT focus on teaching plant-based cooking. If this is what you are looking for, then please refer to my course "Cook Real Food" here on Udemy. To best satisfy your expectations, please scan through the course curriculum to orient yourself with the topics covered and watch the free video lectures to determine if this is the right course for your current needs.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone who is interested in improving their health, weight, or energy via a holistic, whole-food, plant-based approach.
- This course is best for beginners who would like to learn about or are just getting started with plant-based eating.
- This course is also suitable for those who are already familiar with plant-based eating, and are looking to further enrich their skills or gain new tips, confirmation, and inspiration.
- This course is NOT for people who are interested in consuming animal foods (meat, eggs, dairy) or processed foods.
- This course is NOT for people who want a reductionist approach to nutrition based on individual nutrients or numbers.
- This is NOT a cooking course, but a holistic nutrition course. Please see the "Cook Real Food" course if you want to learn how to cook whole plant foods.
- This is a general guidance course for everyday needs; it is NOT meant to serve clinical or specific medical needs.
Evita Ochel, BSc., BEd., is an educator, researcher, and writer with over 20 years of experience in the field of optimal human health who integrates the best of conventional science and holistic principles. She is also certified as a holistic nutritionist, CHN, with a specialty in plant-based nutrition, and certified as a yoga and meditation teacher, CYT.
Evita is the author of the book "Healing & Prevention Through Nutrition" and the founder of the Healthytarian Lifestyle, based on fresh thinking, smart eating, and mindful living. She has created several online publications that feature hundreds of her articles, videos, classes, and courses, and has provided counseling to thousands of people on numerous wellness-related topics.
By addressing the physical, mental, emotional, social, and spiritual areas of our health, Evita helps people understand how everything is interconnected and reflected in the various states that our body and mind express. She works to empower individuals to consciously create their life, their state of health, and the world they wish to see by being aware of and taking responsibility for their personal choices.