What's Your Leadership Style?
What you'll learn
- Discover why it’s important to know your leadership style and others’ leadership styles.
- Recognize the critical role of followership to effective leadership.
- Identify at least 5 leadership styles.
- Identify at least 2 characteristics each for the leadership styles.
- Describe a strategy to help you figure out your own leadership style.
- Describe the impact of at least 3 different leadership styles.
- Recognize the importance of agility to leadership.
- Name 3 elements that are critical to being effective as a leader, regardless of leadership style.
- Describe what an Identity Map is and why it’s important.
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 2.2
Recommended NASBA field of study: Personal Development
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
Why do some people seem to have greater followings than others? What is the secret to leading effectively? How can YOU become a more influential leader? The answers to these questions have a lot to do with Leadership Style. When you understand your leadership style, you can maximize it and lead more effectively. And when you understand others' leadership styles, you can navigate those relationships better, gaining more influence, followership, and ultimately positive change.
In this course, you will:
Explore your own leadership style by examining your identity, characteristics, and roles you play in your life
Learn about the pros and cons of various leadership styles
Understand the importance of being agile and flexible in your leadership, and how to do that
This course is designed to be actionable, fun, reflective, and thought-provoking. I have coached thousands of leaders in different industries to help them leverage their own personal style for maximum output. I now want to share that learning with you. Throughout the course, I’ve included exercises and tools that I’ve found to be the most helpful when working with Leadership Styles, and I hope you will take the time to play with them, experiment, and lock-in some new concepts.
Looking inside yourself isn't always easy. But I've shared examples from my own life to hopefully make it easier and more fun for you. If you're ready to take a good hard look at yourself and gain the benefits of optimizing your leadership style, join me in this course!
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
See "What You'll Learn" for Learning Objectives.
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Early and mid career professionals seeking to understand their personal leadership journeys.
Dr. Priya Nalkur is a Leadership and Executive Coach. She works with exceptional leaders to help them maximize their potential and influence. With over 15,000 hours of coaching, she has learned tons of tricks and tools for effective leadership communications, including how to manage conflict, make better decisions, have difficult conversations, listen effectively, and tell powerful stories. Dr. Nalkur studied Psychology at Harvard University and Communications at the University of Pennsylvania.