What People Really Hear When You Talk To Them
- 42 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Do you sometimes feel misunderstood? This course will help you take a closer look at what people actually hear.
- More specifically, this course will help you identify why some of the difficult interactions you face happen.
This course will take you on a personal journey that will help you identify why some of the difficult interactions you face take place.
This course is not about finding out what it means if you cross left arm over right or right arm over left. It is also not about communications philosophies nor will you find complex self-assessment tests.
The focus is on the impact the words and nonverbal cues have on what people hear when YOU talk to them. The assignments let you to take a closer look at your day-to-day interactions are received by others.
- People that feel they are often misunderstood.
- You find yourself saying "That's not what I said."
We often have so much tension and pressures all around us that we don't even notice that we let it get to us until suddenly, someone says, "Are you all right?" and you have no clue why they said that.
"Make sure you are understood. Don't blame the other person for not understanding. Instead, look for ways to clarify or rephrase what you are trying to say it can be understood." Joel Garfinkle