What Is “LEAN” or "AGILE" Business Analysis?
- No tools or knowledge required
- Interest in Business Analysis for Information Technology (IT) and Software Requirements Definition / Analysis
Take the Path to LEAN Business Analysis (as it relates to Information Technology)
In today’s world, you and your organization must be responsive, flexible, and make things happen quickly. You must do more with less – and faster. You no longer have business as usual, so why do business analysis as usual?
With the widespread adoption of Agile, software development has gone through some serious remodeling. Agile teams build robust products incrementally and iteratively, requiring fast feedback from the business community to define ongoing work. As a result, the process of defining IT requirements is evolving rapidly. Backlogs replace requirements definition documents. User Stories, Epics and Features replace requirement statements. Scenarios and Examples replace test cases. The timing of business analysis activities is shifting like sand.
This course is a brief overview of how you can reduce waste in Business Analysis practices to optimally support the new lean and agile software development world. You will learn about topics such as:
· The purpose of a product roadmap and a prioritized product backlog
· The concept of a Minimum Viable Product (MVP)
· Agile and Lean thinking applied to requirements discovery, analysis, and acceptance testing
· Lean requirement constructs such as Features, User Stories, Epics, Scenarios, Examples, etc.
· The importance of feedback from your customers to improve the product
Who this course is for:
- Business Analysts
- Product Owners
- Subject Matter Experts
- Project Managers
- Managers of all levels
- Business Architects
- Anyone interested in Business Analysis for IT projects
- 02:06Welcome to the Course
- 03:31Four Philosophies Dominate Current IT Development
- 03:17Potential Wastes in Business Analysis and Requirements Discovery
- 03:38Six Lean Principles to Combat Waste in Business Analysis
- 01:24The Shift Focus from Project to Product in Lean and Agile
Angela and Tom Hathaway of BA-EXPERTS (previously Hathaway & Associates, Inc. and Requirements Solutions Group, LLC) have been in business analysis and UX (User Experience) design for over 30 years. Their expertise spans information technology, methodologies, and innumerable applications in every industry for organizations from Mom-and-Pop shops to Fortune 100 companies and government agencies. In their writings and lectures they strive for enlightening while entertaining.
They have taught many thousands of students around the world and facilitated hundreds of requirements discovery sessions under a variety of acronyms (JAD, ASAP, JADr, JRP, etc). In recent years, they have focused their attention on human-machine communication, in particular how to improve the use of Chatbots.
Current and past customers include TIAA-CREF (Financial), Cathay Pacific, Emirates Airlines (Transportation), Manitoba Telecom Services (Telecommunications), Honeywell (Manufacturing), Starwood Hotels and Resorts (Hospitality), numerous government agencies, and a myriad of other organizations.
Tom and Angela's training, consulting, and mentoring efforts have saved their customers around the world millions of dollars. They can help your organization evolve and improve your conversational user interface, business analysis, and UX Design practices.