WeMade 2048 with Unity & C#
What you'll learn
- Use Unity to efficiently create games
- Use LayoutGroups to easily create and place UI
- Use Animations and Animation Curves to improve your game feel, and adjust them while your game is running
- Capture player input from multiple sources
- Use PlayerPrefs to persist game data
- Export your Unity game to Android/iOS/Web/Mac/Windows/Linux
- Basic programming knowledge
- No Unity experience required
If you have ever wanted to create your own game but have felt like it was too intimidating, then this course is for you!
In this course we will be recreating the popular game 2048 from scratch in Unity. I will be walking you through every line of code we write as well as every action we take in Unity. By recreating this game from scratch, we will be learning what it takes to make a game.
We will start off with the basics, creating the groundwork for the game. Then we will add features and polish one-by-one until we have the finished game and a better understanding of how the game works.
Below are just a few of the things we will be covering in this course:
Scriptable Objects - to extract shared configuration from the scene into the project.
Coroutines - to run code in parallel
UnityEvents - to decouple code from UI
LayoutGroups - to easily create and place UI elements
Animations & Animation Curves - to add some polish and make your game look good
By the end we will have a fully functional game that can be played on Android/iOS/Web/Windows/Mac/Linux and you should have a good understanding of Unity and what it provides to create your own games!
Who this course is for:
- Beginner-Intermediate game developers looking to get into Unity
Hi, I'm Josh! I have been in love with programming and making games since I was 10 years old! I have a bachelor's degree in Game Development and lately I've been examining games, breaking them down, and really enjoying teaching others through that process. I hope I can help you on your game development journey.