Wedding Photography: Complete Guide to Wedding Photography
What you'll learn
- Become a successful wedding photographer
- Start a wedding photography business and build a brand
- Price and create photography packages that sell
- Create a wedding photography website and portfolio
- Get your first client
- Shoot amazing wedding photos from pre-ceremony getting ready to the last dance
- Know how to pose and interact with couples and big groups
- Make money as a wedding photographer
- Edit photos in Lightroom and Photoshop to make them look better
- Shoot engagement photos
- Build the perfect equipment kit with cameras, lenses, lights, and extras
- Grow your business and be a happy photographer
- Students should have basic knowledge of photography and equipment.
- Students will benefit from attending a wedding or two and knowing the basic structure (but it is not required).
- Students need to be ready to take action and be super passionate about photographing.
You're here because you want to become a wedding photographer, right?
Great idea, my friend.
Average wedding photographers make over $3,000 per wedding. Great photographers can make $10,000+ per wedding. And money isn't the only reason to be a wedding photographer. It is an important job that helps capture a beautiful day and preserve memories for a lifetime.
What makes us qualified to teach you?
My name is Phil, and I'm co-teaching this course with my good friend Will Carnahan, a professional wedding photographer. I'm the creator of some of the world's most popular photography courses - with over 150,000 students and thousands of 5-star reviews like these ones from this course:
Amazing course- I love the fact that it covers every aspect of wedding photography. - Gergana Tzoncheva
The instructor gives a clear explanation on the topic that is good sound advice and I have learned quite a few things that will make life easier for me on my next shoot. - Peter Dee
I'm obsessed with weddings (after having my own), but this is bringing a new view to it -- from the photographer's perspective of the day. Very good tips and I appreciate the examples with the camera data. Thank - Aubrey Kvasnicka
Our Promise to You
We'll be here for you every step of the way. If you have any questions about the course content or anything related to this topic, you can always post a question in the course or send me a direct message.
I want to make this the best course on wedding photography. So if there is any way I can improve this course, just tell me and I'll make it happen.
Get Ready to Jump into the World of Wedding Photography
If you're interested in using your photo skills to make people happy (and make money), this is a great course for you!
Here are just some of the things you'll be learning in this course:
- Setting up your wedding photography business
- Creating a brand, website, and portfolio
- Putting together wedding photography packages and pricing them to make sales
- Getting your first clients
- Putting together an awesome equipment kit for shooting weddings
- Knowing exactly what goes on during a typical wedding day and how to navigate it
- Shooting beautiful photos of every moment (with a walk-through of two entire weddings)
- Posing and interacting with couples (with a live demonstration of 5 basic poses)
- Editing photos to make them look amazing in Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop
- Succeeding with your business and being a happy photographer
- Using aerial photography in your wedding photography with DJI drones (coming soon)
- much, much, more!
Please check out the entire course lesson plan below.
We promise that if you follow all of our lessons and exercises, you'll have a wedding photography business up and running by the end of the course.
With our 30-day 100% money back guarantee, there is nothing holding you back from jumping in right now and trying the course out.
Go ahead and click the enroll button, and I'll see you in lesson 1!
Who this course is for:
- Any photographer interested in making money, being a part of someone's special day, and start a flexible business that can be done anywhere in the world.
- probably not for you if you've never picked up a camera before. Check out Phil's Photography Masterclass to learn the basics of photography before enrolling in this one.P
great courses for beginners
I'll teach you the skills necessary to stand out from the crowd. Whether it’s a personal passion or a business pursuit, you can learn video, photography, art, design, marketing skills and more here.
learn by doing
Step-by-step tutorials and project-based learning.
One-on-one support from experts that truly want to help you.
don’t stress. have fun.
more about phil
My professional background is in video production and editing. I graduated from Loyola Marymount University's School of Film and Television in 2011. Since then, I've worked on thousands of projects that have appeared in movie theaters, film festivals, television and online.
Today, I create all kinds of things from photographs that can be seen on my Instagram to homemade sourdough bread that feeds my family. Who knows where life will take me. But I know wherever I am, I'll be creating.
Since 2012, I've been creating online courses that over two million students from around the world have taken. Course topics include everything from photography and video to design and business courses. If I can't teach it , I collaborate with other experts who share their skills with absolute beginners.
I can't wait to see you in class!
Will Carnahan grew up in Southern California. After spending every hour he could in the darkroom at Highschool playing with film, Will went on to earn a B.A. from The University of California Riverside in Film and Visual culture. At UCR he became a staff photographer for the schools newspaper, covering sporting events, concerts, and local news. In late 2006 Will and his friend Ryan started a photography company focusing on weddings, events, and their love for photography.
In 2007 Will continued on to Loyola Marymount University, earning an M.F.A. in Film and Telivision Production. While still shooting headshots, weddings, and events on the side, he focused on Cinematography. The years between 2007-2010 were an exciting time for film makers as it saw the first heavy transition from emulsion to digital. Having a base education in film exposure and a practical education in digital media allowed Will to excel as a cinematographer while in grad school. He went on to earn LMUs Panavision Cinematography award in 2008 and 2010.
Graduating in 2010, Will started freelancing as a Cinematographer, camera operator, and photographer. With heavy expirence in 16mm and 35mm film will transitioned into 4k cinema and up using REDs, Arri systems, and other cameras to take on Hollywood. The first few years of freelance saw Will shooting Music videos, short films, 2nd unit features, commercials, and web content.
Late in 2011 Will got a job shooting a web commercial for Disney Interactive. Since then he has been shooting consistently for Disney, shooting commercials for the parks and resorts as well as Disney channel, ESPN, and the Muppets.
Will Call Cinematic was established in 2013 as Will and his business partner and friend built a Production company to accommodate their freelance work along with some notable corporate clients. Through Will Call Will and Sam direct and produce video content for companies like Ghirardelli Chocolate, Diesel films and Nike, Whitney Eve Clothing, PredPol, and many others. With Sam and Will being cinematographers, Will Call gives them a hub for equipment rentals, music video production, and photography.
Today Will continues to freelance as a cinematographer and photographer, shooting and directing mostly commercial content and weddings.
Learn creative skills, from absolute beginner to advanced mastery.
Video School exists to help you succeed in life. Each course has been hand-tailored to teach a specific skill from photography and video to art, design and business.
Whether you’re trying to learn a new skill from scratch, or want to refresh your memory on something you’ve learned in the past, you’ve come to the right place.
Education makes the world a better place. Make your world better with new skills!
Our courses can be watched 24/7 wherever you are. Most are fully downloadable so you can take them with you. You can also view them on mobile devices with the Udemy mobile app.
All courses have a 30-day money-back guarantee so that you can check it out, make sure it’s the right course for you, and get a refund if it’s not!