WeChat Mini Program - Everything you need to know
What you'll learn
- How to make a fully functioning and responsive Mini Program
- Use Wechat's built in life-cycle functions for a more powerful Mini Program
- How to use data binding to create a responsive app based on events triggered by the user
- Installing and using npm modules in the front end
- Creating and connecting a backend and database for GET and POST requests to our program
- Understand the file structure of a Mini Program and its framework
- How to use WeChat's default components and icons for a more professional looking Mini Program
- How to install Wechat's Devtools and change its settings
- Debugging the Mini Program on different screen sizes and how to perform mobile debugging by testing on your phone
- Advice and guide to applying for an official account which will let you publish your own Mini Program
- Already have or sign up for a basic WeChat account
- NOT REQUIRED to have experience with WeChat or Mini Programs
WeChat Mini Programs are powerful tools for companies to use to reach their audience, and developers in China and abroad will be needed to meet this demand.
To help get you started on your Mini Program journey I've created this course to save you time spent researching, and instead get you on your way to publishing your very own Mini Program.
This course will take you from start to finish in creating your first Mini Program. We will not only cover the coding and testing aspects of development, but will also learn the steps in applying for your first Mini Program to be approved and published by WeChat.
In detail, this course covers:
How to setup your workspace to begin coding
Mini Program framework in detail with examples and diagrams
Mini Program's built in API's for getting user data, logging in, real-time map display, local storage, etc.
How to use npm modules in Mini Program front end
Running the program on Mobile for debugging and testing
Mini Program's unit of measurement "rpx" to create responsive designs that look great on any device
WeChat's standard user interface styles for professional design
Mini Program's most important features like: conditional rendering, data-binding, life-cycle functions, etc
Dynamically change styles and data on screen in response to user actions
NodeJS backend with database and how to connect it to your Mini Program's front end
Page navigation in Mini Programs and use of the tab bar
Guide on applying for an official Mini Program account, which will allow you to publish your own program
Walkthrough of the official account dashboard and its features
Tips for successfully publishing your first Mini Program
By the end of the course you'll have a full understanding of the Mini Program framework, what features and functions you can use during development, and how to successfully create and publish your own program to WeChat.
Who this course is for:
- People interested in learning about WeChat Mini Programs and developing their own applications
- People who want to learn a powerful new skill for their portfolio or work, and to improve their mobile development knowledge
Dan has been coding for 6 years and previously worked as a computer science teacher for high school students. He now works as a entrepreneur and consultant designing full stack web applications.
His Classes are very easy to follow along with and he has a very relaxed teaching style. He knows it is important to grasp the basics so every lesson is explained in detail and includes hands-on examples.
Taking a class with Dan is a great choice to learn a new topic or improve what you already know.