Webpack 4: Beyond the Basics
- You should have some initial training or experience working with code and installing programs.
- You should have a desire to move quickly and dive deeply into the why and how of these libraries
- You should know what the command line is and have a code editor and be prepared to follow along.
I aim to make this Beyond the Basics course accessible to all skill levels. It's geared towards people who've seen the basics and messed around a bit, but still don't feel they understand Webpack. Each episode is written and rehearsed beforehand. They're edited so as to make best use of your time. There's not a wasted moment in any of these lessons.
With project centered content building real-world Webpack apps that you and your company can use from the very first line of code. First we look at the optimal Webpack development setup . Follow and code along as we build a Markdown blog, like Ghost, with Hot Module Reloading, Babel, and debugging in Node. We then move into how Webpack optimizes your production bundles, as we solidify the boilerplate into a portfolio website.
The final project is a doozy. We expand the portfolio site to a multi-domain node rewrite of Wordpress MU, Tumblr or SquareSpace. So you can run multiple domain names from a single node server process. We dig into the latest Webpack 4 features, including Server-side Rendering, dynamic imports with "magic comments" and we finish with Universal React components and CSS Chunks in Parallel. You will definitely want to get to the end of this course.
Along the way I'll discuss all the frameworks and libraries Webpack integrates with. Whether you're working on an legacy Rails or other backend project or just want to create something beautiful with EJS, Pug, Handlebars, Sass, Less or Stylus, CSS Modules, Angular or Vue JS there's a method and I'll give you the keys to build your site the way you want it.
Thank you for considering this course. I put everything I had into it. I'll add more lessons every couple of weeks. Please enjoy and reach out to me with any questions. I've love to help and learn what's still confusing.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants visual, code-driven guidance through more than the usual webpack setup.
- Anyone who wants to see working examples of real-world webpack weirdness and edge-cases not covered in other courses.
- 01:09How to get help with this Course
- 01:35Additional Course Materials and Code
Lawrence is a life-long learner who loves teaching, entrepreneurship and remote work. He builds web and mobile apps for a living. He's been doing it professionally since the mid-90's when both he and the web were very young. His next challenge is to give back to his developer community by teaching the tools and techniques that are powerfully useful and possibly undocumented. In so doing, he hopes to once again, continue his learning.