Webflow Essentials Course
What you'll learn
- Create responsive websites using Webflow.
- Intuitive design techniques without the need for coding.
- Basic layout techniques.
- Simple animations.
- Consistent design across desktop, tablet and phone views.
- Flex, columns and divs.
- Build your own portfolio website.
- Create and style forms within your website.
- Converting Adobe XD and Figma files for use within Webflow.
- Sticky nav's, symbols, REM's, Floats, Gradients and Fonts.
- How to optimise your website for SEO.
- Create a CMS website with the ability to give responsibility to clients.
- Handing over your site to admins and managers with login abilities.
- Create a shopping website with digital, physical products and services.
- You'll need a Webflow account, I'll show you how to make one within the course.
- Previous experience using Figma or Adobe XD is not essential when using Webflow.
- You don't need any experience in Web Design or Webflow to get value from this course.
- No previous design skills or experience required.
Hi, my name is Dan Scott and together, you and I are going to learn Webflow.
Webflow will enable you to create responsive, accessible websites using intuitive design techniques without the need for complex coding.
This course is aimed at people who are new to Webflow and to web design in general.
We will start by creating a simple single page site, learning basic layout techniques and using simple animations.
Webflow software is visual and does not require you to learn coding. You will learn how to ensure your website is consistent across desktop, laptop and mobile devices. We learn about CSS Classes for layout and font styling and also the importance of Class naming conventions.
If you have already tried using Webflow and are now wondering whether you should be using grids, flex, columns or divs and why…do not fear. By the end of this course you will know which to use and why!
We will learn how to build your own portfolio website and we will incorporate some exciting animations too.
Together we will learn to create and style forms and incorporate those into your website.
Some of you may have already started to use Figma or Adobe XD. I will show you how you can convert the files you have created and incorporate them into a Webflow site.
Previous experience using Figma or Adobe XD is not essential when using Webflow.
We will learn about Sticky Navs, SEO’s, Symbols, REM’s, Floats, Gradients and Fonts.
We will create a CMS website and a blog and will learn how to hand over responsibility for these to clients or colleagues, hand over the site so that someone other than you can then login and manage all of the content themselves.
We will look at , create and style an E-Commerce Site, creating and styling Shopping Carts, Order Forms and Shopping Gateways. We will learn how to sell both digital and physical products and services.
If some of the terminology such as Global, Flex, Grid, Nav all sounds too hard - remember we will start from scratch and work through techniques step by step. This course is aimed at anybody who wants to build websites using Webflow.
You may only need to design a single website for yourself, you may want to become a fulltime web designer, you might be a freelancer already and wanting to expand the type of work you are able to offer your clients. This course is for you!
I set assignments throughout this course which will enable you to practice your skills and to use what you create within your very own portfolio.
You are about to go from Website Zero to Webflow Hero!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to start using Webflow in their career & get paid for their user experience design skills.
- This course is for beginners, newbies & amateurs in the field of Web design & Webflow.
- Aimed at people new to the world of web design & user experience.
- For anyone that needs to add ‘Web Designer’ to their portfolio.
- Anyone who wants to learn the essentials of Webflow & Web Design.
Sharing is who I am, and teaching is where I am at my best, because I've been on both sides of that equation, and getting to deliver useful training is my meaningful way to be a part of the creative community.
I've spent a long time watching others learn, and teach, to refine how I work with you to be efficient, useful and, most importantly, memorable. I want you to carry what I've shown you into a bright future.
I have a wife (a lovely Irish girl) and kids. I have lived and worked in many places (as Kiwis tend to do) – but most of my 14+ years of creating and teaching has had one overriding theme: bringing others along for the ride as we all try to change the world with our stories, our labours of love and our art.
I'm a certified Adobe instructor (ACI) in Ireland. I'm also an Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) and have completed the Adobe Certified Associate training (ACA). And I don't just do Adobe. Remember, media is a very broad term – digital blew out the borders, so we are all constantly learning.
I've been teaching for 14+ years. I come from being a media designer and content creator – so I understand exactly where you're at now. I've been there. I love this stuff. Print, digital publishing, web and video. I can see how it all connects. And I can see how we can share those connections.
I built Bring Your Own Laptop in Ireland, New Zealand, Australia & online. I have a great team working with me to keep BYOL at the top of Adobe and digital media training. I understand business, I have one – so I know how important it is to get it right and make it work for you.
Now my focus is on Udemy. It's my mission to bring you the best training for digital media on Udemy.
Daniel Walter Scott