Web Security: Common Vulnerabilities And Their Mitigation
What you'll learn
- Understand how common web security attacks work
- Know how to write code which mitigates security risks
- Implement secure coding practices to reduce vulnerabilities
- A basic understanding of how the web browser, rendering, headers, cookies and sessions
Coat your website with armor, protect yourself against the most common threats and vulnerabilities. Understand, with examples, how common security attacks work and how to mitigate them. Learn secure practices to keep your website users safe.
Let's parse that.
- How do common security attacks work?: This course walks you through an entire range of web application security attacks, XSS, XSRF, Session Hijacking, Direct Object Reference and a whole lot more.
- How do we mitigate them?: Mitigating security risks is a web developer's core job. Learn by example how you can prevent script injection, use secure tokens to mitigate XSRF, manage sessions and cookies, sanitize and validate input, manage credentials safely using hashing and encryption etc.
- What secure practices to follow?: See what modern browsers have to offer for protection and risk mitigation, how you can limit the surface area you expose in your site.
What's included in this course:
- Security attacks such as Cross Site Scripting, Session Hijacking, Credential Management, Cross Site Request Forgery, SQL Injection, Direct Object Reference, Social Engineering
- Risk mitigation using the Content Security Policy Header, user input validation and sanitization, secure token validation, sandboxed iframes, secure sessions and expiry, password recovery
- Web security basics: Two factor authentication, Open Web Application Security Project,
Who this course is for:
- Yep! Students who have some experience in web programming and understand basic browser concepts
- Nope! Students who are beginners and have never done any web programming
Loonycorn is us, Janani Ravi and Vitthal Srinivasan. Between us, we have studied at Stanford, been admitted to IIM Ahmedabad and have spent years working in tech, in the Bay Area, New York, Singapore and Bangalore.
Janani: 7 years at Google (New York, Singapore); Studied at Stanford; also worked at Flipkart and Microsoft
Vitthal: Also Google (Singapore) and studied at Stanford; Flipkart, Credit Suisse and INSEAD too
We think we might have hit upon a neat way of teaching complicated tech courses in a funny, practical, engaging way, which is why we are so excited to be here on Udemy!
We hope you will try our offerings, and think you'll like them :-)