Learn Web Scraping with Python from Scratch
- Basic knowledge of Python programming
Q. Do you want to extract data from a specific website but it takes a lot of time doing so manually?
A. Web Scraping is the process of automating data extraction from websites.
Q. Do you see many Web Scraping jobs, but you do not feel confident enough to apply?
A. This Web Scraping tutorial will teach you how web scrape a real-life project from a to z.
When the webpage structure is so complicated, making it difficult to extract specific pieces of data, or when you need to open so many pages to extract data from each of them, the manual process can become boring and time-wasting, and that is when automated Web Scraping can make the process more efficient and effective.
In this Web Scraping tutorial:
Grasp Python Web Scraping fundamentals.
Use BeautifulSoup & Requests to scrape & crawl Craigslist with Python
Learn how to save your scraped output to a CSV / Excel file.
Understand the difference between Web Scraping Python libraries and frameworks.
So let's start your Web Scraping real-life project.
Who this course is for:
- Python developers and students who are new to Web Scraping
- 01:28Web Scraping Course Overview
- 00:58Installing BeautifulSoup & Requests
- 03:07URL Extraction
- 01:51Web Scraping Craigslist - Titles
- 03:27Web Scraping Craigslist - Job Details Wrapper
- 02:57Web Scraping Craigslist - Job Description Page
- 02:36Crawling & Scraping Next Pages
- 04:22Saving Output to CSV File
GoTrained is an e-learning academy aiming at creating useful content in different languages and it concentrates on technology and management.
We adopt a special approach for selecting content we provide; we mainly focus on skills that are frequently requested by clients and jobs while there are only few videos that cover them. We also try to build video series to cover not only the basics, but also the advanced areas.