Web Push Notifications: Fast Start Guide To Get Subscribers
- 1 hour on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Know what push notifications are and how to use them to the best effect in your online activities
- Select a push notification service provider suited to your requirements
- Encourage your website visitors to subscribe to your push notification service
- Create a push notification campaign that engages your subscribers
- Keep control of your subscriber base and be able to migrate to an alternative push notification service
- Understand and define the benefits to the customer of receiving push notifications from you
- Establish your goals for your push notification program
- To start using push notifications you will need the ability to add a small piece of code to your website
- To operate a push notification communication program you will need to sign up with a push notification service provider, many of these offer free services
- You will need to be able to define your goals for your online marketing communication programs
- You need to be able to understand and describe the customer benefits which follow from them subscribing to your push notification campaign
Learn how to create a web push notification marketing campaign and use it to bring valuable visitors back to your website
This course is going to give you a full understanding of what web push notifications are and how to use them in your online marketing activities.
After providing an overview of what web push notifications are and we cover how to understand and communicate the customer benefit such that you are able to encourage visitors to sign up to your push notification programs. We also focus upon understanding your business goals such that any push notification program you develop has a great synergy been beneficial to the customer and yourself.
The course covers examples of opportunities and how some online businesses are already using push notifications to great effect.
Mindful of delivering pragmatic learning which can be applied at the end of the course we also focus upon how to get permission from the visitor to send them push notifications in the future. This is expanded to cover the requirement to build an ongoing relationship with each subscriber such that your push notification program is not subject to large-scale unsubscribes and viewed as spam communication.
Building a push notification subscriber base is just as valuable as building an email subscriber base. However, it is not as easy as merely implementing a push notification program as there are some considerable dangers you can be exposed to if you select the wrong push notification service provider. You could end up not owning your subscriber base and be locked into their service for the foreseeable future. We cover how to select a service provider that does not penalise you like this and focus on the important items that you actually must own such that you can control your own subscribers and future communications with them.
In this rapidly evolving area we also touch upon future developments and consider some of the opportunities which may arise in the next few months.
- This video making course is for people who host their own website and want to start utilising push notifications in their online marketing activities
- You know of the growing importance of building a subscriber base from your visitors and want to start use push notifications and get ahead of the crowd
- You might already be involved in email marketing and want expand your online marketing to include push notifications
- You want to improve contact with your website visitors and encourage them to return and build a more valuable relationship with them
- This course is not for someone who is taking their very first steps online and currently does not have their own hosted website
Before we embark upon the cause we need to ensure that we all understand exactly what push notifications are and the opportunity that they present to us.
whilst it is easy to implement the code to initiate push notifications on your website you will need to sign up to a third party service to ensure that you can actually send notifications to your visitors. In this lecture wecover how the services work and some of the main point you need to consider before signing up.
you only get one opportunity to get a visitor to subscribe to your push notification service and if they disallow it the door is short forever. we review the best ways to ensure that the visitors see the push notification service is a benefit so that you achieve a high level of signups.
if you use a third-party service to acquire and deliver your push notifications it is very important to ensure that you can transfer your subscriber base to an alternative provider in the future if you so wish. If you do not select your third-party push notification supplier carefully you may find that you are locked into that supplier and in effect do not own your own subscribers.
too often people focus upon obtaining new signups and subscriptions and do not pay attention to the rate of attrition in their subscriber base. Understand how to ensure that you avoid falling into being a prolific, spam push notification generator and causing a large percentage of your subscriber base to unsubscribe.
we gaze into a crystal ball and consider how push notifications will develop in the near term. Areas such as improved insight and measurement of activities relating to your visitors interaction with push notification messages are being introduced into push notification service providers capabilities and they represent major opportunities for your online activities.