The Web Publication Platform for Sparx Enterprise Architect
What you'll learn
- What is the Web Publication Platform (WPP) for Sparx Enterprise Architect
- An Open Source dynamic webviewer for Enterprise Architect repositories
- An easy to use viewer with search, overview and content functionalities
- Highly configurable webapplication with easy maintenance screens
- Easy to install on webservers with IIS
- Availability of an Enterprise Architect Repository with a model (can be created with the trial software of Enterprise Architect)
- Eventually Visual Studio Community Edition installed on your computer
Sparx Enterprise Architect is a fantastic tool for creating models in various modeling languages like UML, BPMN SysML and ArchiMate. Allthough there is an option for creating static HTML pages most modelers consider this as basic functionality.
In this course you get an introduction about this advanced replacement for the static HTML generator in Enterprise Architect. The Web Publication Platform (WPP) has
a more attractive and responsive layout
connects easily to EA repositories
Offers search functionality
Includes options for discussions about the model in the repository
Is configurable and can easily be modified
Is Open Source Software with an active community for new functionalities.
The course gives you an overview of the functionalities and describes how to install, modify and extend the webviewer. The content of the training is a combination of webvideos and links to example pages. This makes it possible for you to evaluate the product in an online manner.
Please bear in mind that this is an Open Source solution that can be downloaded free of charge. There is an active community of organisations using this dynamic viewer and contributing to new functionalities.
After this training you have a good overview of the possibilities and functionalities of the Web Publication Platform for Sparx Enterprise Architect.
Who this course is for:
- Modelers using Sparx Enterprise Architect
- Modeling teams using Sparx Enterprise Architect that want to publish their models in a webapplication with an attractive layout
- Models who want to integrate a wiki like approach with models from a repository
Bert is an independent information architect. Bert has a software engineering background and specializes in data architecture and big data, SOA and system integration, data and object modeling. Bert has a passion for architecture repositories in general and Sparx Enterprise Architect in particular. He is working on a number of applications for Enterprise Architect such as an AddOn for data modeling and the web publication platform for Sparx Enterprise Architect.