Web Development By Doing: HTML / CSS From Scratch
- Eager to learn
- Wanting a change
If you're looking to get a start on learning the new, fun, and profitable skill of web development, then this course is for you. Instead of teaching tedious theory on how to code a website, you'll learn practical knowledge on how to do it. The best way to learn is by doing, and that's why you'll actually make a complete website from scratch. You'll learn two different methods, by writing the code from scratch, and using Dreamweaver, a tool that every web developer should have. You'll learn the advantages and disadvantages to using each method, and be able to see your work come to life!
- If your looking to learn a new, fun, and profitable skill
- Anyone looking to learn the basics of making a website
- What do I need?
- What is HTML / HTML5?
- Hello World!
- Declaring the HTML5 doctype
- White space
- Understanding the head of the document
- Giving your webpage a title
- The body of the document and marking up some text inside
- HTML5 elements
- Adding Header content
- Adding content to the Section
- Adding content to the Articles
- Intro to CSS and styling the Body
- Styling the Header
- Styling the Section
- Styling the Articles
- Making the Footer
- Downloading, and making a new document
- CSS the Dreamweaver way
After working 15 hour days as a restaurant manager, I decided that it was time for a change. After learning the basics of web development, I knew that I had found my new career. Today, I specialize in being an all-in-one digital guru. I've done everything from creating custom Content Management Systems (CMS) for employers to track their employees, to professional corporate websites, to e-commerce sites, as well as blogs. I'm a developer, designer, and marketer for my customers. I focus on making well structured sites that naturally rank well in search engines.