Building IT Security Foundations - Network Security
- 2 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- IT Security Foundations: Network Security.
- Examine methods for ensuring physical security.
- Identify the different ways malicious actors can spoof protocols on the network.
- You should already know a few things about basic networking (TCP/IP)
Network security is an important component of the Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA), Security Fundamentals exam (98-367). In this course, Lisa Bock covers one of the main topics of the exam: securing an organization's network, to keep interconnected systems and data safe. The course introduces security devices such as firewalls and honeypots. In addition, she reviews the importance of isolating networks with VLANS and NAT addressing, along with a review of common security protocols. She also provides overviews of how to protect clients with antivirus software, encrypt folders and files, and implement software restriction policies. Finally, she looks at the often-overlooked topic of physical security, which includes securing a building's perimeter and the hardware within.
Describe ways a security baseline can ensure that all device configuration settings are in line with the organization’s baseline metric.
Examine methods for ensuring physical security.
Examine the three levels for software-restriction policies.
Explore how VLANS can protect the network.
Identify the different ways malicious actors can spoof protocols on the network.
List common devices that are used to protect and defend a network.
Recognize how antivirus software protects your system against malware.
Recognize how server and domain isolation can isolate and protect subnetworks.
Recognize the threat of password attacks.
Recognize the various ways to use and secure protocols, in order to minimize risk and prevent attacks.
- This course is for beginners and IT pros looking to get certified and land an entry level Cyber Security position paying upwards of six figures! There are currently over a million Cyber Security job openings global and demand is greatly outpacing supply which means more opportunity, job security and higher pay for you! Each chapter closes with exercises putting your new learned skills into practical use immediately. You will start by understand Network Security Concepts and Architectures including technologies such as Intrusion Detection Systems and Web Application Firewalls.