Web Development Concepts for Everyone
What you'll learn
- Confidence in Understanding the Technologies that Create and Power the Web
- Understanding of Websites and Web Applications
- Understanding of Front-End and Back-End Development
- Understanding of Databases - Including SQL, NoSQL, and In-Memory
- Understanding of Programming Languages and what makes them Different
- Understanding of the Cloud and Cloud Services Providers
- Understand of Version Control Systems like Git
- Understanding how to get around a Computer
- Understanding how to get around the Internet
- Understanding that Applications are installed onto Devices such as Smart Phones and Computers
React? Docker? Kubernetes? APIs? Git? GitHub?
If you work in the Web industry but are not a developer, the industry can be full of nouns and verbs that you may or may not have a full grasp on. It can lead to some conversations where you say out loud, "Well, I am not technical." - But we all know, when you understand a conversation and can follow along, it is exciting and empowering.
The theme of this course is "Confidence".
This course is specifically designed to be technical, but not get into the weeds.
It's about understanding a concept, without actually implementing it.
In my career as a developer and now leader of development teams, I have always done my best to make others who participate in technical conversations feel as confident as they can. I have gone out of my way to coach and train individuals and teams on the concepts that surround the web and software development industry.
This includes those who work in Recruiting, Human Resources, Sales, Client Success, Project and Delivery Management, and more.
This course is a training I have been doing for years for live audiences, and I am excited to capture it in a digital format and help more people.
I am a seasoned educator as well, so I took the opportunity to break this course up into easily consumable sections. The goal is to allow you to digest its content daily, 10 minutes at a time, or binge if that is your preference.
I hope you will join me, in this course on Web Development Concepts!
Who this course is for:
- Human Resource Professionals in the Technology Industry
- Recruiters and Sourcing Professionals in the Technology Industry
- Sales and Client Success Executives in the Technology Industry
- Project and Delivery Management Professionals in the Technology Industry
- Product and User Experience Professionals in the Technology Industry
- Associate Level Developers
- Anyone looking to better understand how Web Applications are built
Scott is the Director of Software Engineering at Statespace, the makers of the Aimlabs website and Aim Lab (PC Game on Steam with 25m+ registered users).
Scott has been in the Web and Game Development Industry for over 15 years and has a parallel career as an educator.
He has worked with several fortune 100 companies, partnering with them to design and build world-class web applications. Additionally, he has designed curriculums for several development bootcamp programs and has lead higher education computer science programs.
He has a huge passion for getting people engaged in technology for and loves helping people.