- 31.5 hours on-demand video
- 47 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build 23+ custom design, web and programming projects - from scratch!
- Learn more than 18 professional disciplines
- Plan, design and code your very own self-directed project - from A to Z!
- Plan, design and program robust, and fully custom websites and applications
- Design and code modern & responsive landing pages
- Code at an expert level of proficiency with HTML & CSS
- Code websites & applications with HTML5 & CSS3
- Code games & animations with CSS3 and jQuery
- Comfortably use the tools in Adobe Photoshop
- Design modern websites in Adobe Photoshop
- Design a professional business card in Adobe Photoshop
- Design with grids, on paper and on the screen
- Understand the history and application of visual design
- Wireframe and optimize user experiences for websites and applications
- Choose the correct fonts for design & web projects
- Create beautiful colour schemes based on scientific colour theory
- Build a useful "To Do List" web application in jQuery UI
- Comfortably set up hosting & domain names for your clients
- Program advanced PHP applications
- Design, build and manage custom database-driven websites with MySQL
- Build a fully functional "Client Address Book" with PHP & MySQL
- Set up a WordPress blog in 5-minutes
- Manage your client's WordPress websites
- Get hired as a full-time web designer or web developer
- Grow a profitable and successful freelance career with your new skills
- Earn a full-time income from any of the disciplines you learn!
- Make money on the side designing & building websites
- Learn AngularJS & Build an AngularJS Application
- Learn all about WordPress Plugin Development
- Plan, Develop & Publish a "Survey" WordPress Plugin
In this lecture, we learn the journey we are about to embark on, understand what's required to succeed, and what you can expect from this course, and me, your instructor.
Let's do this!
In this lecture, we learn how to get a free 30-day trial of the latest version of Adobe Photoshop. We also touch on free alternatives to Photoshop, and how to get free design downloads!
In this lecture, we learn how to decide on an hourly rate, and how much much you can expect to charge as a professional freelancer once you've completed this course!
In this video, we are introduced to the concepts we are going to learn in depth in the following lectures.
Although visual design on the web can be incredibly complex, all web designs boil down to 6 basic elements:
- Colour palette
While there are no official "industry standard" rules for visual design — as the beauty of a design purely depends on the audience — there are a set of widely accepted guidelines, or "principles", when it comes to visual communication. The basic principles boil down to the following:
In this video, we wrap up what we've learned, and discover a few books and websites we can use to further our learning in Visual Design.
In this lecture, we'll learn how to create a new Photoshop Document. There are numerous settings when starting a new document, so we'll make sure to cover everything you need to know.
This is the very first challenge of the course, and there will be many more. Each challenge will build upon the previous one, so that by the end of the course, you'll have designed and built something real and tangible as proof of your new skills. This video outlines how the challenge works, and what you'll be expected to do.
Your first step in the challenge is to start with the Discovery Phase. Create a basic sitemap of your website. Open up a spreadsheet program, OmniGraffle or even a notepad, and begin organizing your website's content. Start by listing your top level pages — Home, About, Services, Contact — and then under your top level pages, list any sub pages. If you're creating a sitemap for a current website you plan to re-design, like your blog, list all of the pages in your website, then organize them in the best, most user-friendly manner possible. This is called a Content Audit.
Part two of the Discovery Phase is to begin wireframing. Grab a piece of paper, a notepad, or a gridbook, and begin sketching your layouts. In the very least, wireframe the home page, and an interior page — but I encourage you to wireframe as many of your pages as possible. Try to use common conventions in web design layouts, but don't be afraid to break the rules and try something different.
Our next step is the Creative Phase. Once you've sketched all of your layouts, and you're ready to start designing. Open up Photoshop and turn those wireframes into beautiful designs. Feel free to use websites like Creative Market, and the Noun Project to get assets, images and icons for your design. This phase should take you considerable time, so don't be afraid to dedicate yourself to your design.
Welcome to the Introduction to HTML! We're going to learn the absolute fundamentals of HTML in this section.
In this lecture, we'll dive right into the basics of HTML, we'll learn about Tags, Attributes & Elements. We'll also cover HTML Parent / Child Structure, and the Basic Structure of a Website.
Let's wrap up our Introduction to HTML and move forward into the next section! Provided in this lecture are some resources for further learning.
In this lecture, we'll learn how to code the very basic structure of an HTML document.
In this lecture, we'll learn about HTML Heading and Paragraph tags.
In this lecture, we'll learn about the two kinds of HTML emphasis tags.
- No prior design or coding knowledge required!
- Any operating system: Mac, PC, Linux
- No expensive software required
COURSE UPDATED 2017 – 36 New Lectures!
Added two brand new sections covering AngularJS, and WordPress Plugin Development.
Are you looking for an all-in-one Web Design, Web Development and Career Building course that takes you step-by-step through the all of the skills you need know to start a working professionally?
Are you a programmer looking to improve your design skills, so your designer colleagues can stop making fun of your bad designs? Or maybe you're a designer looking to learn how to code, so your programmer colleagues can stop laughing at your sad coding attempts?
Have you wasted hours of your time or money watching terrible video tutorials that make you fall asleep at your desk?
Stop wasting your time & money! This is the ultimate, most comprehensive, A to Z web design, development and career building course on the market. I promise and I guarantee that to be true.
Here is my guarantee to you: If within 30 days you complete this course and you haven't experienced impressive results, you can't design or build modern websites, or you can't get a paying web design or development gig — I will give you 100% of your money back.
You will go from knowing nothing to creating over 23 impressive designs, websites, and applications — all with step-by-step instruction from the most entertaining and engaging coding instructor on the web today!
Once we're cool with the front-end languages, we'll then melt our brain-bits with highly advanced skills like Responsive Websites, PHP, MySQL, WordPress and custom WordPress plugin development. You'll then have the ability to build responsive, dynamic websites and blogs, basic eCommerce sites and online stores, and have a professional understanding of all aspects of web design & development.
After you've learned everything from Design to Development, you'll be taken through a hands-on career section fully-loaded with valuable tips, resources, and real-world guidance to help you start your career — whether you want to work-from-home as a freelancer, or secure a full-time studio gig at a design agency.
- - -
What are some of the projects you will build?
In addition to working on your very own self-directed project that challenges you to use your new skills as you learn, you'll be building over 23 custom projects throughout the course:
- Design a custom web graphic
- Design a custom business card
- Design a modern landing page
- Re-design a blog
In HTML5 & CSS3:
- Multiple custom websites & web pages
- Code the Google landing page
- "Orbiting planets" animation in CSS3
- A responsive "Startup Style" website
- A working "Tip Calculator"
- An actual race car game
- A "To Do List" web application
In PHP & MySQL
- Dynamic websites
- Impressive application that fixes clickbait headlines
- Working "login" and "logout" sequence
- Profile page that pulls information from a database
- Robust "Client Address Book" application that manages your clients' information
- Custom WordPress plugin
- Real Estate Listing Single-Page Application
In WordPress Plugins
- Custom, real world "survey" plugin
...and much more
- - -
Why trust me? What makes me any better than the thousands of coding instructors out there?
My name is Brad Hussey, and I've been working professionally as a designer and developer for over 6 years. I studied design & development in college for 2 years before getting hired as an in-house web developer at a local web development firm. Only a year into full-time employment, I quit to start my own freelance business from home, which has been the best career move I've ever made because it allows me the freedom to work on my own terms on projects I love to be a part of, and it pays extremely well.
What makes me different than all the other coding instructors out there is that I know how to communicate complex & boring concepts without putting you to sleep! While you're staring at a screen with hundreds of lines of code, I like to keep things light, crack jokes and keep you entertained. My approach is simple, hands-on, and relaxed. Think of me as your handsome friend who just so happens to be a passionate computer geek under the surface.
Don't take it from me, read what some of my students have said about my courses:
"Instantly, I felt comfortable with Brad's style and approach. After only a week of finishing this course, I have 3 projects for freelance website design. I couldn't thank Brad enough!" — a graduate of Bootstrap to WordPress
"I challenged myself to an entire weekend to complete the [client] project, utilizing this course as a step-by-step guide. I am happy to say that my challenge was successful! I've already received payment for my work and my client was so impressed that he immediately gave me another project to work on!" — a graduate of Bootstrap to WordPress
- - -
How would you like to be able start a lucrative career in web design & development, work for a high-tech company, or kick back in the comfort of your own home studio providing high quality solutions to your very own clients?
There's a ton of design & coding courses out there begging for your money & attention, but none of them will give you the ultimate fusion of web design, development and career building that I guarantee this course will deliver.
So stop wasting your time and money on courses & tutorials that don't deliver - and let's launch your career to new heights!
Join me on this journey, and I promise I won't let you down. Set yourself up for success, and sign up for the course right now. See you on the inside :)
- Developers and Programmers looking to dramatically improve their design skills
- Graphic & Web Designers desiring to dramatically improve their web development & programming skills
- Total beginners who want to learn how to plan, design and program amazing websites & applications
- Those who desire to make a comfortable living online as a web designer or developer
- Professionals who desperately want to leave the 9-to-5 for a fruitful new web career
- Freelancers who want to deliver higher value to their web design clients
- Designers & developers who want to know how to start a successful freelance career
- Anyone who wants to learn from the most entertaining & engaging coding instructor