Web Application Development using Redis, Express, and Socket
What you'll learn
- Discover the commands, data types, and the storage structure of Redis
- Learn how to build sites by integrating Redis and Node.js
- Master the installation and application of Socket.IO
- Interact with different browsers using Node.js and Socket.IO
- Learn how to implement out-of-process messaging using Socket.IO with Express
- Create rich and interactive real-time dashboards using Socket.IO to pipe in data as it becomes available
- Design chat and multiple-person interfaces that leverage Socket.IO for communication
- Secure your data by implementing various authentication techniques, locking down the HTTP referrer and using secure WebSockets
- Load balance across multiple server-side nodes and keep your WebSockets in sync using Redis, RabbitMQ, or Memcached
- A computer with a good Internet connection
Looking to build scalable and real-time applications in one of the simplest ways possible? You’ve come just to the right place!
This is one of Packt’s Video Learning Paths which is a series of individual video products put together in a logical and stepwise manner such that each video builds on the skills learned in the video before it.
In this Learning Path, we look at implementing real-time applications on websites using SocketIO, Express, and Redis.
SocketIO has been used in creating many real-time chat and blog applications because of its powerful real-time engine. Yes, Socket. IO features one of the fastest and most reliable real-time engines. This makes it almost perfect for real-time analytics, instant messaging, and two-way communication between the browser and web application. Redis opens doors by making data quick and easy to fetch. Lastly, Express helps by making full-featured web applications easy. A powerful combination of these three will give you awe-inspiring application experiences and you’ll be able to create fast, scalable, and dynamic real-time apps in no time!
Essentially, this Learning Path is a practical guide on integrating Redis and NodeJS and making a site realtime using Node.js and SocketIO.
By the end of the Learning Path, you will be a competent SocketIO developer and will be able to create fast, scalable, and dynamic real-time apps.
About the authors:
This Learning Path, contains the best works of Joshua Johanan and Tyson Cadenhead who are experienced at creating applications.
Who this course is for:
Packt has been committed to developer learning since 2004. A lot has changed in software since then - but Packt has remained responsive to these changes, continuing to look forward at the trends and tools defining the way we work and live. And how to put them to work.
With an extensive library of content - more than 4000 books and video courses -Packt's mission is to help developers stay relevant in a rapidly changing world. From new web frameworks and programming languages, to cutting edge data analytics, and DevOps, Packt takes software professionals in every field to what's important to them now.
From skills that will help you to develop and future proof your career to immediate solutions to every day tech challenges, Packt is a go-to resource to make you a better, smarter developer.
Packt Udemy courses continue this tradition, bringing you comprehensive yet concise video courses straight from the experts.