Web Analytics Blueprint
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 2.5 hours on-demand audio
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
Do you want to get more traffic, increase conversion rates and make more money with your website?
- Do you wish someone would tell you which statistics in your analytics actually matter… and which don’t?
- Are your visitors a mystery to you?
- Are you struggling to understand how to effectively use Google Analytics to help your business increase sales?
- Are you confused by Google’s Analytics tutorials?
- Do all the options in your analytics account make your eyes glaze over?
If you need help, you are in the right place
Web Analytics tools like Google Analytics help you better understand where your visitors come from, what they do while they are on your website and whether they stick around on your site and take action.
Google Analytics helps you see how engaged your visitors are on your website, how many of them left your website without doing anything or without having any result from them and much more.
However, it takes time to learn how to use tools like Google Analytics effectively. Especially when no-one seems to offer simple and practical advice.
That is why I decided to create this “Web Analytics Training with Google Analytics Tutorial” course that provides you easy to follow video tutorials that will save you time and money without cutting corners.
In 10 minutes, you’ll get more value from this “Web Analytics training with Google Analytics tutorial” course than you would get in hours of reading tutorials online. You can watch the videos at your own pace, rewind, pause and follow the instructions along.
Plus in just a couple of weeks you will have totally transformed how you think about your website traffic.
The knowledge you’ll have will enable you to make more strategic decisions about everything you do on your website which will increase your site’s revenue dramatically.
Here's what you will learn
The Web Analytics Blueprint is a quick and easy to understand course that will help you not only master the basics of Web Analytics, but it will help you become a true Web Analytics ninja and get so many insights from your data.
By taking this “Web Analytics Training with Google Analytics Tutorial” course you will learn:
- Which metrics matter… and which ones don’t
- How to properly track conversion rates
- How to measure visitors’ loyalty and engagement
- What results you can measure (even if you’re not yet selling anything)
- Advanced techniques for using Web Analytics tools
- How to improve Conversion Rates and make more sales
- What A/B testing is, why it rocks, and how to start doing it
You will learn how to find out why people are leaving your website without buying, what your customers are really looking for on your website and how to make your website convert effectively using the secret functions hidden in Google Analytics and other Web Analytics tools.
Here's what you will get
First, you’ll have full membership for life. That means you will get future updates to the course at no extra charge.
Once you register, you will have access to high resolution video tutorials with real-life data from Google Analytics accounts.
Each lesson contains one video tutorial, additional notes and a downloadable audio version.
When you join, you will get access to over 100 minutes of video, where I show you exactly what to do to get a higher conversion rate and more sales.
I explain things step by step, and I show you the exact techniques that I’ve used time and time again for myself and my clients.
The “Web Analytics Training with Google Analytics tutorial” course will continue to be updated with new video tutorials about best practices, interviews, Q&A calls and webinars.
Plus, over time you will get a whole set of extra videos that are automatically added to your membership.
I will show you how to work with the brand new features of Google Analytics and other tools, as soon as they are available.</p>
Your first mission is to listen to the audio from this section and then fill the worksheet with information about your business.
This will help you get moving, better understand your objectives and what you will really want to achieve from this Web Analytics course.
It’s really important to get this done properly from start and I will do everything I can to help you complete it.
In case you have questions or if anything is unclear please leave a comment below.
This video tutorial shows you how to create a Google Analytics account.
Even if you have an account, you might find useful the final part because it covers some details about tracking subdomains and AdWords.
In this video tutorial you will learn where to place your tracking code if you use:
- StudioPress Genesis
- The default theme of WordPress
- A plain HTML website
I would recommend you to place the tracking code in thesection of your website rather than in the . Different people have different opinions about this, but I choose the header and I will explain you the difference between these two options below.
If you add a large amount of scripts in the header you might end-up with your site loading very slow because the browser waits to load them before displaying the content, but if you place the majority of them in the footer, the content is loaded first and then the scripts.
This way, your visitors will not notice the difference.
On the other hand, if you place the tracking script in the footer and some of your visitors leave before it gets loaded they are not tracked. Personally, I think that it’s important to also track those visitors.
Now, if you have lots of scripts, try to place the less important ones in the footer, so you can keep the header for Google Analytics.
Also, the latest tracking script from Google Analytics is actually loading very fast and you should not have any problems with it.
In this video tutorial you will learn:
- Why it’s important to know your business objectives
- How to track conversion rates using Google Analytics goals
- What goals you should have on your website or blog
- How to calculate your goal values
- How to analyze sources that send you visitors that convert
In this video tutorial you will learn how to filter your own traffic from the Google Analytics reports. This way you will get accurate reports from Google Analytics that show exact numbers and conversion rates.
There are 2 methods available, by filtering your IP address or using cookie content. I covered both of them in the video above.
I also included in the downloads section a template that you can use to set cookies. All you have to do before uploading it to your site is make sure that you replace the account number with your own one.
In this video tutorial you will learn:
- How to narrow down data by creating Advanced Segments
- How to use Loyalty, Recency and Engagement to get insights from your visitors
- Why leveraging engaged and loyal visitors is important
- How to identify sources that send you engaged visitors
In this video tutorial you will learn how to effectively track marketing campaigns in Google Analytics.
By using the URL Builder from Google, you will be able to properly tag you campaigns so you can see later what worked and what didn’t worked for each of them.
Start by tagging your URL from this link: URL Builder.
This video tutorial will show you how to create a Google Webmaster Tools account and link it to Google Analytics. You will learn:
- What insights you can get from the Search Engine Optimization reports
- How to create a new Google Webmaster Tools account
- How to verify your Google Webmaster Tools account
- How to link Google Analytics to your Google Webmaster Tools account
In this video tutorial you will learn how to build insightful dashboards that will provide you at a glance details about your data.
You will learn how to get started building your custom dashboards and save time and looking at your statistics.
Additionally, I will also show you a couple of examples that I use every day for my own Google Analytics account to analyze data.
This video tutorial will walk through the process of checking your site speed and optimize it. You will learn:
- Why is it important to have a fast website
- How you can check your site speed
- What are the Google Analytics reports that you should look at
- How to use Pingdom to optimize your pages
- What you can change on your website to make it faster