Create Accessible WCAG E-learning Articulate 360 Storyline
What you'll learn
- Review the WCAG 2.1 standards that apply to E-Learning courses.
- Understand the types of accomodations made for learners in an online environment.
- Apply Storyline tools and options to build a fully WCAG 2.1 AA compliant E-Learning course.
- Install and use the NVDA screen reader to check courses for screen reading efficiency.
- Intermediate to Advanced User of Storyline 360
In this course, you will learn how to read and interpret WCAG 2.1 guidelines, understand how these standards meet the needs of your learners, the types of disabilities your online learners might have, how to use an NVDA screen reader, contrast checker, and accessible text software. MOST IMPORTANTLY - by the end of this course you will know exactly how to make your online course accessible by building Articulate Storyline 360 courses that are 508 and ADA compliant.
I will show you how to find detailed information on the standards and I will share my professional interpretations of the standards, how I have used Storyline features to pass accessibility tests and I will show you the full process I go through when taking over or finishing up a project. My process ensures that I don't miss a thing. I will share all of my resources with you so you can use the same process.
You will get a Builders Task Checklist, a WCAG Standards Checklist (can be purchased separately through Etsy), the Accessibility for E-Learning E-Book (can be purchased separately through Amazon or my Etsy store), the Everything E-Learning in One Cup of Tea E-Book (can be purchased separately through Amazon or Etsy), curated access to video tutorials and much more!
Building accessible courses is not just a requirement and it doesn't just increase your customer base and profitability - it is the right thing to do!
Who this course is for:
- This course is for instructional designers, learning experience designers and course builders who want to understand the WCAG guidelines and how to build compliant courses using Articulate Storyline 360.
I have a bachelor's degree in Chemistry and Biology, and a Masters's degree in Science Education, taught high school math and science for 20 years, currently teach fellow educators through the Colorado State University graduate studies program, and I run an E-Learning business.
The Mind Garden (my company) designs logos and graphics, creates media like photographs, tutorial videos, explainer and whiteboard videos, and full E-Learning courses. I've worked on projects such as Mental Health First Aid, Tik Tok Business Academy, Kore AI Chat Bot Training, The National Highway Institute, and hundreds more.
I've been on the front lines of creating 508 compliant courses for government projects using Articulate Storyline and I want to share everything I have learned about accessibility.