Watercolours With Confidence!
What you'll learn
- Painting with watercolours is easier than commonly believed
- You will gain confidence with watercolours through step by step instruction
- You will have fun exploring how to apply paint to the paper in many creative ways, with many different brush types and other materials as well
- You will learn different techniques such as “wet on wet” and dry-brushing
- You will learn which supplies are the “must haves” and how to choose yours from a variety of options
- How to achieve brilliant rich colours through layering techniques
- How to make the most of the transparent quality of watercolour paint
- Complete 4 projects, 5 activities and 8 assignments and as well as numerous hands on demonstrations
- You will begin making small projects such as a bookmark and a greeting card and gradually work on larger and more complex projects as they gain confidence.
- In the “Trouble-Shooting” section, you will learn how to fix common watercolour mistakes including blooms & drips
- English, French & Spanish Captions/Subtitles. Hindi Captions/Subtitles coming soon
- You will learn techniques to help preserve the white of the paper
- How to paint crisp edges and how to soften edges
- You will learn about primary, secondary and tertiary colours and how the colour wheel works
- How to clean and care for your equipment
- How to take an idea for a painting from inspiration through to completion
- Learn to do ink and wash paintings
- You will increase your art vocabulary through the use of art terms
- Those who do not enjoy drawing can still have fun with painting
- Students learn the meaning of “archival” and how to help their projects to last
- Learn about “plein air” painting and will be shown supplies ideal for this painting method
- How to stretch paper and rip paper to size
- You will be given health and safety cautions
- The most important thing is to have FUN!
- You will get to relax, splash some paint around, experiment to learn which colour combinations you like and see how many different ways you can make marks
- Great for beginners. No prerequisites are required.
- You don't need to know how to draw for this course. There are downloadable templates available in the online resources section that can be used for tracing if you wish.
- You may simply want to paint along with me creating a new set of subjects and paintings, converting them into gifts such as bookmarks
- Bring along a willingness to learn and try the fun projects in the course.
Hello! I am Wendy Framst. Welcome to Watercolours with Confidence.
If you have always thought watercolours were unpredictable and difficult to control then this is the course for you. I take out the mystery and show you very simply how watercolours behave with water on the paper.
I demonstrate through simple exercises how watercolours can be a fun, wholesome and satisfying way of painting.
At your own pace, you will gain confidence by developing an understanding of the medium through very simple to gradually complex projects and activities. Lessons are augmented by your choice of public or private feedback on the assignments you submit.
In this watercolour course packed with over 10 hours of insights, tips and tricks, and valuable content you will be introduced in a step by step methodical way to watercolour materials, colour theory, techniques and methods used in painting with watercolours. This course is perfect to help you explore the medium at your own pace!
You will gain confidence through learning how common mistakes are made. You will learn how to fix them through our troubleshooting section, gaining confidence in using your tools effectively by doing easy activities and fun projects.
You will create projects that will inspire you to start experimenting yourself in no time at all.
You will learn which materials to get as well as some of the optional tools you can collect to make some fun effects. We also touch on how to keep costs low and quality high.
After being introduced to materials, you will be guided through how to paint a smooth wash and a variety of other mark making techniques. After the comprehensive introduction you will be guided through progressively more complex projects.
Each project builds on skills you were introduced to earlier and no steps are cut out.
Some of the later projects are a little larger and more complex, but include guidance about how to build up your skills until you are more comfortable with tackling a larger subject.
Although drawing is a great skill for any art form you do not need to know how to draw to gain confidence in this course
You will get to:
solidify fundamentals of watercolour painting
understand how to master the interaction between water, pigment on paper
learn how to fix issues including blooms (blossoms) and drips
learn how to use brushes and other tools to create various washes, edges and marks
practice and learn various techniques that will give you the necessary tools to help you become a confident watercolour artist
to learn how to make a bookmark and lovely little greeting cards
how to use photo references to create paintings
learn about colour theory and properties of various watercolour pigments
create varied projects and paintings that can be tailored to your own unique style
learn about fun materials to create lovely effects
and much much more …
More Features of this Udemy Course
Unlimited Lifetime Access
One Time Payment
30 day money back guarantee
Watch Anytime / Anywhere
English captions/subtitles. Auto-generated French, Spanish, Hindi and Turkish captions/subtitles
I am with you every step of the way. You can message me any time you have questions or just don’t know how to proceed. And I would love to see your paintings and projects that you make as you paint along with me.
So let's splash some paint around, have some fun and get those brushes wet!
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for people ages 10 and up who always wanted to learn how to paint with watercolours but did not know where to start.
- If you always thought watercolours is difficult to control, then this is the course for you as I take you through steps to give you skills that will enable you to build your confidence gradually.
- If you are curious about watercolours and want to try to see if they are for you
- This can also be a great revision and a brush up on skills for more experienced watercolour artists
- CAUTION: Younger children should have supervision when using certain optional cleaning materials including Rubbing Alcohol and Mr Clean Magic Eraser. These items form a very small part of this course. You can choose to skip these materials and their usage and still benefit greatly from the course.
Hello. I am Wendy.
Before I could walk, I held a crayon and made marks, often in places that my Mother did not appreciate (on her walls). I could not stop then as I cannot stop now. My high school Art instructor tried to push me beyond my interest in realism and mockingly called me a “human photocopier”. He meant it as an insult, but I could not think of higher praise.
I have drawn and painted all my life, but it was only after I began to create Art about and for my 2 beautiful children that I became serious about being an artist.
My first published paintings are illustrations for the children’s book “Feathers” and my children modeled for many of the playful scenes.
In addition to painting, I have worked as a social worker for over 30 years. Each year since 2008, I have taken a mini sabbatical from work and family to participate in intensive workshops progressively farther and farther afield.
I have had the opportunity to work with some of my favourite contemporary watercolour artists from around the world: Elizabeth Kincaid, Birgit O’Connor, Carrie Waller, Tom Lynch, Paul Jackson and Soon Y. Warren.
These workshops have taken place in beautiful settings: Mendocino California, Cape Cod Massachusetts, Paris and Southern France, throughout Italy including Venice, bonnie Scotland and Mexico!
After the workshops are finished, one can find me back home in my studio practicing my one handed painting technique because I am cradling my beloved studio dog Murphy on my knee.
I now work primarily in watercolour which facilitates my exploration of colour, composition, value and form. I enjoy painting many subjects, but in particular, I love painting children's portraits, florals, architectural landscapes and the illusion of glass.
I have been given tremendous opportunities to instruct, to have my Art featured in books and on film, and to travel throughout North America, Tunisia and Europe.
I want to thank my family and friends for their support and encouragement to pursue my dreams.
What an incredible journey!