Watercolour painting for Beginners
What you'll learn
- By the end of the course you will be able to paint a watercolour with confidence and skill
- In this course you will be advised regarding the materials you will need to make a watercolour painting
- In this course you will be introduced to Colour theory and shown how to use and apply watercolour paint
- You will learn how to mix colours and you will be taught a range of painting techniques
- You will learn about : Composition and how to make a watercolour painting
- You will be shown watercolour paintings by both professional artists and students
- The students will need a computer on which to watch the videos and basic word programme to download additional material
- The live sessions will be arranged individually through Google Hangout.
This is an easy to follow beginners course with detailed instructions from information regarding the materials needed before you start,through to creating a finished painting.
The course should take a few weeks but each student will be working at a different pace and have a different amount of time to devote to practice. There is therefore no definite timeline.
There will be lectures with practical painting exercises which are clearly demonstrated and information will be available regarding professional artists' work, with examples shown, which are of relevance to the various lectures. Some of the lectures have additional downloaded material to supplement the learning experience.
The lectures covered
Material & Colour
Colour mixing excersises
How to paint a Wash
Watercolour Techniques (Demonstration)
Watercolour painting Demonstration Stage 1
Japanese Watercolour Painting
Watercolour Painting Demonstration Stage 2
Examples of Watercolour Paintings
This course is for those who have always wanted to learn to paint in Watercolours but have never had the time or the courage to try. This course has been perfected over a number of years and will give students a solid grounding from which to progress. I will also be available for help and to give individual advice
Who this course is for:
- For this course students do not need to have prior knowledge or experience of watercolour painting.
- If you have always wanted to learn watercolour painting but have never had the time or the courage to do so then this is the course for you
- Beginners will benefit most from this course as there will be step by step instructions regarding how to produce a watercolourpainting.
- If students have done a watercolour course in the past and yet do not feel confident with the medium then this course will benefit them as a refresher course to add to their prior knowledge
I am a professional Fine Artist and a graduate of the Royal College of Art in LondonUK
I have exhibited widely in London UK, New York City USA, Dubai UAE, and more recently in Athens Greece.
Throughout my career I have taught in University Art Departments in London and other parts of the world my latest post being in Crete, Greece where I have a studio.
Watercolour painting has always featured in my own work, and I have taught this subject successfully to beginners and more advanced students for many years. I have developed a wide knowledge of the medium and teaching issues which arise, and I am confident in my ability to provide a comprehensive enjoyable course which is quite unique.