Watercolor with Me: Loose and Sketchy Abstract Blooms
What you'll learn
- Loose and sketchy watercolor techniques.
- How to create loose sketches of abstract, impressionistic flowers.
- Combining watercolor with sketchy colored pencil drawing.
- Real-time sketching and painting of some beautiful, vibrant, loose watercolor blooms!
- To focus on art for relaxation and enjoyment.
- "Jessica is a wonderful teacher. Her lessons and actionable steps were clear and very doable. She has an infectious joy in painting and it comes thru in her instructions. I look forward to trying all of the steps outlined in this class." -Nan G.
- Some knowledge of watercolor is helpful, but not required :-)
- An attitude of exploration, fun, and learning!
In this class for any level, we will explore painting abstract watercolor blooms in a loose and sketchy style.
Think of this as a paint-a-long class!
After chatting about supplies, I’ll share some sketchy techniques and the colors we will be using in this class. Then, I will walk you through the real-time sketching and painting of some beautiful, vibrant, loose watercolor blooms!
We will enhance our watercolor skills while focusing on enjoying our exploration of watercolor!
What students are saying:
"Such a fun class! Jessica is such a fun and engaging teacher. I just adore her style of teaching and encouragement and would easily compare her to Bob Ross of our generation. She's like the art teacher we all wished we'd had growing up.
Thank you for all you do, Jessica!" -Amanda W.
"Wonderful class! I trying to improve my loose watercolor skills and this class fit me perfectly!. Her technique allows for whimsical and abstract blooms with sense of depth. I'm always happy when Jessica publishes a new class, I know I will learn something new and most importantly, have fun at the same time! -Alicia M.
"Thanks for doing an abstract floral watercolor class, Jessica! I've been hoping for one for a while! Love, love, love the color palette! The loose sketchy style is exactly what I need right now to loosen up my paintings." -Lisa M.
Who this course is for:
- This is a great class for any level student who is interested in creating loose and sketchy florals.
- This watercolor class is great for beginners or anyone who wants to practice loose watercolor.
- The approach in this class is loose, impressionistic, and intuitive, with an emphasis on exploration.
- This class is not for students who wish to learn realistic painting.
Jessica Sanders is a self-taught artist and teacher, living in Houston, Texas. Her passion is exploring art, creativity, and art supplies! It makes her happy to explore, to find the answer to 'what if', and to share it with her community. Her mission is to help others experience the joy of making art with a spirit of exploration and discovery. For more exploration, inspiration, and tutorials, you can find her at her website, and social media.