Watercolor Botanical Painting: Peony
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Sketch peonies using photo references
- Paint peonies using different watercolor techniques
- Paint a peony without using a photo reference
- Basic Watercolor supplies; paint; cold-pressed paper; round brush sizes 4, 2, and 00
- HB pencil, sketch paper, Micron pen size 01 (or other fineliner pen)
- Optional: Light pad, kneaded eraser, tracing paper
Welcome to my class on how to paint the peony in the botanical style!
I'll teach you overall principles and techniques so that you can apply them to other subjects of your own.
I'll demonstrate exactly how I sketch my peonies. Soon, you'll be able to sketch any peony that you desire!
I'll take you step-by-step to paint three large peonies and three smaller buds. And we'll be using a variety of styles to accomplish this: wet-on-dry, wet-on-wet, glazing, negative painting, layering, and more.
We'll use photo references for all but one of the peonies because I want you to have the creative freedom to paint how you want to paint!
Make sure to download my list of supplies in the class downloads. In addition, if you want to use my line drawing sketches for the class, you can find them in the downloads, too.
So grab your supplies, and let's paint together!
- Watercolor artists curious about painting the peony using different techniques
- Good for beginners, better suited for those in the intermediate level