Water Supply System Design
What you'll learn
- Learning how to do water demand forecasting for the target area
- Learning how to calculate hydraulic losses for water supply systems and the effect of hydraulic losses in the design of those systems
- Learning the estimation of maximum flow for a known diameter of pipe and estimation of optimal diameter for a known flow
- Learning the design of the two type of water supply networks as branched network and looped network
- have some information about meaning of water supply systems, hydraulic losses, water consumption, ..etc.
- Be able to use Excel Program
In this course I would like to teach you simple method of Water Supply System design. After this course you will be able to confidently use excel sheets in design of accurate and economic Water Supply Networks.
The course consists of 5 sections:
Section 1: Introduction about Water Supply System, and about the structures and components of the course.
Section 2: Water Demand Forecasting
Section 3: Hydraulic Losses includes:
3.1 Bernoulli Equation
3.2 Friction Losses
3.2.1 Friction losses (hf) from Darcy–Weisbach
3.2.2 Friction losses (hf) from Hazen–Williams & Manning
3.2.3 Friction factors
3.2.4 Example of Friction losses (hf) by Darcy–Weisbach
3.2.5 Example of Friction losses (hf) by Hazen–Williams & Manning
3.3 Minor losses
3.4 Example of hydraulic losses calculation (Friction losses & Minor losses)
3.5 Example of required pressure calculation in water supply system
Section 4: Maximum pipe capacity & Optimal diameter includes:
4.1 Maximum pipe capacity and example by Excel sheet
4.2 Optimal diameter and example by Excel sheet
Section 5: Water Supply Network Design includes:
5.1 Branched Network Design and example by Excel sheet
5.2 Looped Network Design and example by Excel sheet
In this course the excel sheet will be used in the design, because excel sheet simplify the calculation due to the relationships between the cells are by equations so when you change any value, all calculations of design will be automatically changed. You can use the same excel sheet of design, just you have to insert your input data and you will get the results, but just you have to check the results and change the inputs if you need.
Who this course is for:
- students and graduates of civil engineering or environmental engineering or anyone who has an interest in the design of water supply systems
Wastewater Collection Networks Design, Water Supply Networks Design, Sewage Treatment Plants Design, Water Clarification Plants Design, Air Pollution, Solid Waste Management, Occupational Health and Safety training, teaching the subjects of Hydraulic, Fluid Mechanics, Hydraulic Structures, Environmental Engineering, Water Pollution, Air Pollution, Environmental and Social Impact Assessment for the Projects, Medical Waste Management, Design of waste landfills.