Water Properties and Buffers
What you'll learn
- Describe water properties
- Differentiate between different types of molecules (polar, non polar etc...)
- Differentiate between the different types of attractive forces ( Hydrogen bonds, hydrophobic interactions, electrostatic etc...)
- Understand the Colligative properties of water (due to effect of solute)
- Describe water ionization and pH scale
- Learn weak acid properties and their action as buffers
- Solve exercises related to Buffer action
This course is addressed to all level students who want to learn more about water properties and buffers. In this course you will learn about water properties, how to differentiate between different types of molecules (polar, non-polar etc...), the different types of attractive forces (hydrogen bonds, hydrophobic interactions, electrostatic etc...) and understand the colligative properties of water (due to effect of solute). You will also study water ionization, the pH scale, weak acid properties and their action as buffers and solve exercises related to buffer action
Who this course is for:
- This course is targted to anyone who wants to learn more about water properties, different types pf attractive forces, effect of solutes and macro-molecules on water properties, properties of weak acids, pH and buffers.
I am a Lebanese assistant Professor and I hold a PhD in biochemistry, I teach in several universities in Lebanon. I teach medical and basic biochemistry for medical students (Pharmacy, nutrition, medical lab and nursing). I also teach advanced biochemistry courses, protein structure and function, and enzyme kinetics for science students majoring in Biochemistry.
I am passionate about biochemistry and related topics and so I thought of putting together online courses which will help students learn biochemistry topics smoothly.