Warehouse Management Fundamentals
- 8 hours on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will understand the functions of the warehouse manager and warehousing in today's supply chain and the main challenges for them.
- You will be able to analyse the individual processes within the warehouse and to improve efficiency and productivity, improve quality and accuracy, and reduce costs.
- You will understand how to choose and utilise the equipment in the warehouse, including warehouse management systems, handling equipment, and storage systems.
- You will have gained the skills to resource and cost the warehouse, and measure the performance of the workforce and warehouse activities.
- You will know how to manage, calculate, and control inventory costs, economical order quantities, lead times, periodic review systems, and safety and target stock levels.
- You will have the ability to evaluate and analyse health and safety issues in the warehouse, its impact on the environment, and how to reduce this impact.
- You will gain insights into outsourcing opportunities, current advances in warehousing, and future challenges.
- You Should Have Basic Understanding of Warehouse Terminology and Processes
The warehouse continues to play a key role in every organisation's supply chain. Managers can benefit greatly from a better understanding of just what this role entails, and how it directly affects business. Because it's vital that finished goods be held in close proximity to the point of consumption, many warehouses have evolved beyond simple storage facilities to provide fulfilment, sortation, and consolidation services as cross-docking and transshipment centres.
This course was designed based on the instructor's real-world knowledge and experience, gained through hands-on operations. It will enable you to improve your warehouse procedures as a whole, by teaching you the basic principles of warehousing, and by examining both the current challenges and future advances associated with warehouse management. You'll learn effective methods for increasing productivity, reducing costs, improving customer relations, maintaining employee health and safety, and mitigating negative environmental effects.
By completing this course, you'll be armed with the valuable and practical skills you need to improve both your personal performance as a Warehouse Manager, and the overall performance of your company's warehouse as an integral part of the supply chain. You'll know how to increase the efficiency, productivity, quality and accuracy of your warehouse procedures. You'll understand key elements such as choosing the right technology, storage, and handling equipment, as well as effective workforce management and evaluation methods. You'll also understand the significance of improving health and safety, and reducing adverse environmental outcomes. And finally, you'll know how to use outsourcing opportunities to effectively fulfil warehouse functions.
- The course is for beginners and intermediate professionals involved in the day-to-day operations of a warehouse.
- The course is for students who are considering career in warehousing and logistics.