Want to Show Confidence? Then Learn to Speak With Confidence
- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- 21 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Speak with greater clarity, confidence and conviction. Write correspondence whether a letter or email that will set the tone that you desire with the recipient. Know how to communicate with various personality types for greater understanding. Construct the agenda and then conduct great meetings that people actually look forward to attending. When attending meetings show, by your new found confidence, that you can contribute.
- The course material is comprised of principles found in the American English language. An understanding of English and in particular North American English is necessary.
What You Say and How You Say It Makes All The Difference Whether In the Way You Speak and Write, or Sit, Stand and Smile. You can do it with much more confidence and poise when you are sure you are doing it right. Communication is the process of exchanging information and ideas and there are many ways to communicate. There are also many ways to miscommunicate. To be an effective and valuable leader it is important that you become skilled in all the different methods of communication that are appropriate. In this course, you will learn how to be a better communicator at work and in your private life. I will take you through the different types of communication, help you asses your communication skill level and teach you techniques to become a better communicator. Think how often you communicate with people during your day. You can spend almost Your entire day communicating. So, why is it very often you find others didn’t get the message, didn’t understand what you were trying to accomplish or misunderstood altogether what the plan was. In this course, you will learn how to use the 7c’s in all your communication whether written, spoken or even body language. You will learn good verbal communication skills and I teach you simple tricks to make it easier. Good verbal skills are more than just the words we use; you will learn about tone and intonation. I even address the dreaded sentence upending that is plaguing the business world, why it doesn’t work for you and how to defeat the habit. Believe me, if you are an upender you can’t imagine how you are being judged by your peers, your subordinates and your superiors and it ain’t good. I can use the slang word ain’t here because it is being used to prove a point. You will learn good written communication skills as well. Skills such as how to write a professional looking and sounding business letter, the do’s and don’ts of writing business emails. You will learn proper techniques for preparing a written business meeting agenda and how to produce an office memo correctly. I provide downloadable material for you to use as a guide. You will learn how to read body-language and more importantly how to interpret what you are seeing and you will learn how to improve your own body language so that the signals you send agree with the words you are using. You will learn how to delegate properly so that results can be obtained when and how you want them. I go over the good, the bad, and that not so pretty when it comes to delegation and help you understand how to differentiate between them. If you are in the workplace you are now or will be responsible for conducting meetings. Both team meetings and one-on-one meetings. Most people dread attending meetings and if asked why, their responses will usually fall into one of two categories and often fall into both: the meeting always starts late and runs long, and the second reason, nothing ever gets accomplished. I will teach you how to organize a meeting and then conduct it so those three elements, starts late, runs long, and nothing gets accomplished, will never come up when talking about the meetings you hold. If you are not conducting then you need to know how to attend a meeting and I will teach you that, too. Now, no self-respecting course on communication would be complete without a discussion on grammar. This course just covers those areas that keep cropping up as I communicate with others. The information is basic but the fact that I keep running into it suggests to me we need to talk about it. Finally, now that we have covered the areas of communication I think are the most essential we move into the section I call “Beyond the Basics”. This is where I will, if you are not already familiar with it, introduce you to the DISC system of identifying how various personality types interpret what you are saying to them. It’s a complex subject but I break it down into the basics and help you see how you can take all of what you learned in this course and tailor it to fit the needs of the individual personality types so that true communication will take place. So, if you are ready, let’s get you registered and then jump right into this essential subject of communication. You will be amazed at how differently you will be treated by those around you as your communication skills improve. And That Is A Great Confidence Boost!
- The course is intended for anyone who communicates with others. That would be all of us! The course covers spoken English, written English, and body language and how important a knowledge of all three is to communicating effectively at work and in life. You will then learn how to effectively communicate for understanding with various personality types. The course is a great platform for improvement or to just brush up on principles you may have forgotten over time. Thereby giving you a great self-confidence boost.