Vue JS 3: The Composition API
What you'll learn
- Vue js 3
- Unit Testing
- Composition Fundamentals
- New Reactivity System
- Design Patterns
- Some Vue 2 experience will be a plus!
(RE-RECORDED JUNE 2021) Vue.js 3 and the Composition API is here!
Learn to build a complex, real world application with the Composition API, TypeScript, Vue Router and testing with Vue Test Utils, taught by Lachlan Miller. maintainer of Vue Test Utils and Vue.js team member. This is an intermediate-advanced course. We move fast and introduce all the required topics to build highly dynamic, complex single page apps with Vue.js 3 and the new Composition API.
Unlike other courses, testing and design patterns are at the core of everything we do. We explore the new features Vue.js 3 brings to the table. Some of the things you'll learn:
- how to use and test new Vue 3 features like Teleport and Suspense
- building reusable modules using the new reactivity API
- TypeScript to create type safe applications
- create a reactive store from scratch
- integrating third party libraries from npm
- Routing, include navigation guards with Vue Router 4
- Writing and testing complex interactions with Vue Test Utils
This is an intermediate to advanced course; some basic programming knowledge is required. I respect your time and have packed as much content into the course as possible. Rather than explaining the same basic concepts 10 times over, move quickly and see the same concepts applied in different contexts to reinforce them.
Who this course is for:
- Vue 2 developers looking to learn Vue 3
- Intermediate front-end developers
Lachlan is a full stack software developer, passionate about open source, test driven development, and mentoring. He has been contributing to the Vue.js open source community since 2016 and is the maintainer of Vue Test Utils, the official testing library for Vue.js.
Lachlan has worked with small and large teams, as both a full stack developer as well as a mentor, providing training and guidance on designing greenfield applications, as well as seemlessly and safely transitions existing applications into new, highly dynamic modern web apps.