Create a vSphere 6.0 VCP Lab with VMware Workstation
- 42 mins on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create a vSphere 6 lab on a computer using VMware Workstation 12.
- Use the AutoLab tool to create a complete test environment complete with domain controller, a virtual router, and a virtual storage device.
- You need a computer and the VMware Workstation 12 (or 12.5) installation media. You do not need license keys to complete the installation.
NOTE - I have created a new version of this course for vSphere 6.7!! I strongly recommend that course vs. this one. You may have issues finding the files for this version.
Search Udemy for vSphere 6.7 Home Lab to find it. My new course can be used to create a Home Lab for vsphere 6, 6.5, or 6.7.
This course will walk you through the process of creating a vSphere 6 lab on your home computer. You'll learn how to use VMware Workstation, and will create multiple virtual machines.
When you are done you will have a completely functional vSphere 6 lab environment, complete with a router, domain controller, virtual NAS device, and multiple ESXi hosts. You will also have vCenter deployed, and will be able to launch the vSphere Web Client and manage your environment.
The course is about 40 minutes in length, but if you are following along at home the process to completely build your Home Lab should take about two hours.
- This course is meant for anyone who wants to get hands on experience with vSphere 6 without investing in expensive hardware.
- Anyone preparing for the VMware Certified Professional (VCP) or VMware Certified Associate (VCA) will benefit from building this home lab.
We will install VMware Workstation 12 on a Windows machine. This will act as a type-2 hypervisor, and will allow us to run multiple virtual machines (VM) on a single computer. We will use VMware Workstation to run multiple ESXi hosts and vCenter as VMs.
AutoLab is an incredible software package that you can use to quickly create your home lab. It comes with all the VMs that you need to get up and running quickly. It also includes router, domain controller, and network attached storage VMs to provide the underlying infrastructure for a vSphere 6 deployment.
In this video I will download the required software from VMware to build our Home Lab. We will obtain evaluation versions of vCenter and ESXi.
We will download the Microsoft Server software required to complete the lab configuration. I will walk you through obtaining this software and storing it so that you can use it for your home lab.
Learn how to configure the Virtual Memory and Network settings for VMware Workstation. We will reserve some system CPU for VMware Workstation, and the VMs that run within it. I will also show you how to configure the network so that the VMs can access the Internet.