VPs and Directors of Product Management: Finding Excellence
What you'll learn
- Lead a product team to create innovative new products
- Find market success - working with marketing, sales, and customer support teams
- Drive growth, competitive advantage, and profitability through product strategy
- Guide, manage, and motivate an excellent product team
- A solid understanding of the role and day-to-day work of product management
This job as a VP of Product, Head of Product, or Director of Product Management has incredible upside opportunities - but it’s not simple to find success in this role.
We need to guide product teams over time…
balancing top-level strategy with team-level empowerment
finding innovation, customer delight, competitive advantage, and market success
…all while gaining and keeping the confidence of the executives around us.
This course has been designed to help you find this success. To do this, we’ll dive into four areas:
Leading our teams to create innovative new products, working side-by-side with our engineering and technical teams, and our product designers
Finding market success for our products - supporting our sales, marketing, and customer support teams
Driving growth, competitive advantage, and profitability through product strategy
Growing, managing, and motivating an excellent product team
We will include lots of company examples in this course - spanning software, hardware, and services, plus practice activities and case studies. All tools, templates, and course materials are available for download.
If you are in this job today - or are a senior product manager looking to move into this role - my goal is to get you the knowledge, approaches, and tools you need to find excellence.
It's a crazy, tough, rewarding job, and we all need help.
I hope you'll join us!
Who this course is for:
- VPs of Product, Head of Product, Directors of Product Management or leaders with similar roles
- Senior product managers aspiring to a VP/Director/Head of Product role
- Business managers and executives who want to better understand product leadership
I'm a product management instructor and consultant, focused on helping product teams become more strategic, impactful, and innovative.
I have over 25 years of experience in product management - as a product manager and leader of product teams - mostly at California-based companies. My most recent role was as the Head of Product at a Canadian start-up, which was good fun. My work has spanned software, hardware, services, artificial intelligence, and user experience.
I have an MBA from the Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania, and I am the author of the book Becoming a More Strategic Product Manager.
We have such incredible opportunities as product managers. What a gift this job!