Voiceovers: The Fastest, Least Expensive Way to Get Started
What you'll learn
- What it's like to do voiceover work
- The biggest mistake aspiring voiceover people make
- What matters when you're starting out
- Coming to understand your own voice
- Ways to practice
- The role coaching plays
- How to know when you're ready for action
- What's involved in doing a demo
- Basic marketing information
- What makes for a good recording space
- No previous experience is needed.
What Makes THIS Course Different
If you are like most people investigating voiceover work these days, you've probably already become oversaturated by YouTube and Tiktok videos, and your head is spinning. This course will settle you down, cut away a lot of the unnecessary data and complications, and reduce the information down to something that's easy to digest and understand. The course does a quick survey of the the road ahead for voiceover people, but then brings you back to JUST what's important right now, so you can stop worrying about a lot of other things that don't matter yet.
By the time you're done with this course, you'll not only feel calmer and more assured, but you'll know how to determine with confidence whether voiceovers is something you're suited to. There's no techno-jargon, but no talking down to you. Expect cordial, straight-from-the-hip, clear information from by someone who has over 40 years of voiceover experience.
Real, Hands-on Stuff!
During the course, we'll do more than just talk.
We'll actually head into the studio to do some practicing
Record and edit a real voiceover
You'll sit in on a voiceover coaching session.
At the end of the course, I'll give you a tour of my studio.
1. While it's too early for this to be of immediate concern, it's good to know a little about how to create a recording space, so I'll take you through some theory on what works well and why. It's really pretty fun and interesting stuff, and you can refer back to it in the future when the time is right to address it for your own situation.
2. When you've completed the course, contact me for a free copy of my book, "12 Pro Tips to Help You Succeed as a Voice Actor."
Who this course is for:
- The ideal person to take this course is someone who is still just investigating voiceover work but hasn't actually entered the market yet.
I've been making money with my voice over 40 years, starting in radio in 1976, supplementing my income with voice-overs in the 80s, and moving to full-time voice-over and multimedia work in 1996. While I still do mainstream voice-overs, I have found Fiverr to be a surprisingly good source of income. I was able to build it from ground zero in April of 2017, into the thousands every month by the fall, and to more than $10,000 in under a year. I have discovered that communication plays a big role in Fiverr success, and this course includes 10 techniques that really work in bringing in new customers, and turning them into regulars!