English Pronunciation: improve yours with a native speaker
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 10 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will be able to speak with more clarity and confidence and with improved articulation
- Students will know how to clearly pronounce English consonant sounds which will make their speech sound crisp and clear
- Students will know how to pronounce English vowel sounds and this will bring their speech alive
- In this course students will also learn how to pronounce some oddities of the English language such as 'our'
- Students will be aware of how to have more of an English accent
- This is for anyone who can speak a basic level of English
- It is for people already familiar with English, either as their first language or as an additional language.
- This course does NOT teach English grammar or English as an additional language.
- Suitable for children and adults
- You don't need hours and hours of free time - this is a short course, not because I couldn't do a long course, but because I believe that we are all busy people now and we want to be able to see a difference in a short space of time. However as with anything in life the more you practice the better you will become
I have been teaching people to talk clearly since 1994 and these exercises have been created over the years to help people from all over the world with specific sounds.
I believe that this is a unique approach to English pronunciation and that you won't find another course like it online. This course has been designed so that you can hop from one lecture to another they are not dependent upon each other, this makes improving your pronunciation easier for you as you can concentrate on the sounds you need to.
I teach this course as though you are sitting opposite me and I explain and demonstrate how the English sounds and words should be said and you then have an opportunity to repeat and practice the sounds. The exercises are also presented as a downloadable resource which you can print out and then practise whenever you want to.
I have had a website about clear speaking for nearly twenty years and in all that time my most popular page (every day) has been the voice exercise (pronunciation) page so I have decided to bring it to life. This course will never become outdated - it will always be essential for people who want to speak well.
This isn't aimed just at people who have English as an additional language, about 50% of my pupils over the last twenty years have English as their first or only language and they just want to improve their pronunciation and how they speak.
This course focuses on voice exercises for most of the vowel and consonant sounds made in English. I cover 39 different sounds as well as a few oddities of the spoken English language. I will show you how these sounds should be pronounced, what shape your mouth should be, where your tongue should be and you will hear what they should sound like. This will help you learn how to pronounce English sounds.
Each lecture concentrates on one sound and there is an opportunity for you to repeat the exercises after me. Each sound has its own lesson so you can jump around and pick on the sounds you need to improve. This is helpful for anyone who mumbles or wishes to soften their accent - whatever accent they have but please bear in mind that anyone can speak clearly even with an accent if they can execute the basic skills of clear speech.
I am 100% confident that there isn't another course like this. If you enrol on the course and find a particular sound you have trouble with is missing you only need to message me and I will add it in a new lecture as soon as possible for you.
I want everyone to have confidence and fun when speaking. Most bad speech is caused by laziness or lack of knowledge.
Join me now and improve your English pronunciation today! Have a look at my promotional and free sample lectures and see how I can help you.
'A great and informative course - What a good idea of Serena's to do a speech course where the learner can participate and learn how to speak better' - Anne
'I am finding this course clear, simple and easy enough to do a small section every day. The children are also enjoying the lessons. Highly recommend. Thank you Serena for creating this helpful course'. - Susan
- This course is for people who need to or want to improve their speaking skills. This could be because they have been told they mumble or maybe they just feel anxious when they have to speak to groups of people or just one or two individuals.
- Anyone who wishes to soften their accent - whatever accent that might be.
- People who want to make their English pronunciation more easily understood
- People who want to learn how to pronounce English sounds
- Ideal if you want to learn quickly , this is a short course but covers everything you need to know.
We generally use five organs of speech to make consonant sounds, our tongue, teeth, lips anad hard and soft palates.
Ts and ds are important wherever they aare in a word and if the have 'le' after them a listener should be able to hear the 'l'