- 2 hours on-demand video
- 8 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course you will be able to arrange great background vocals
- You will be able to choose the proper singing technique needed for the song
- You will be able to place and feel comfortable in front of a microphone and pop screen
- You will be able to connect with the singer and the singer with the engineer on a creative level
- You will be able to create a clean and organized vocal session in whatever recording software you use
- You will be able to choose when to stack vocals
- You will be able to make composite tracks and tune vocal tracks
- You will be able to add effects like EQ, compressors, reverb, and set up busses and auxiliary tracks and understand why
- You will be able to record and mix HIT sounding vocals!
- If you'd like to follow along with the course, it'd great if you have a song recorded that doesn't have vocals. This is not necessary to take the course.
- An added benefit is if you have a recording software. It doesn't matter whether you are working on a Mac or PC, whether you use Pro Tools, Logic or any other program. This is not program-specific.
Today, many musicians are wearing multiple hats, including engineer & artist. Unlike most audio courses you'll find, "Vocal Recording: A Complete Production Guide" goes beyond simple tips to bring you through the entire process of creating hit-sounding vocals, from prepping the session & performing, to setting up a great mix session & mixing the vocals into the track. By hearing techniques from both the singer & engineer's point of view, you'll be able to create your own hit tracks within hours!
"Vocal Recording: A Complete Production Guide" is for anyone who is an artist looking to hone their engineering and recording skills. It's for engineers who would like to improve on their studio techniques and developing a productive relationship with performing clients. It's for any singers who want to feel more comfortable in the studio. Lastly, it's for anyone who is interested in capturing the true nature of the song they wrote and presenting it in the best light possible.
This course will take you under 2 hours. Each chapter includes an in-depth discussion and how-to, focusing on one of the 8 steps in recording hit-sounding vocals. In addition, each chapter comes with a summary video for reference in addition to a PDF summary for your convenience.
- Recording engineers
- Recording Studio managers and employees
The first chapter of this course explores different vocal techniques available for use while producing a song. Chest voice and head voice (falsetto), and when to use them throughout the song are a few of the topics covered.
This chapter is about preparing for a vocal session from both the singer's and the engineer's point of view. A well-set up session will ensure that the recording itself will not be interrupted, thus helping the session flow and the highest quality performances to be captured.