Vocal Home Recording - Getting Great Takes With Ease
What you'll learn
- Learn how to create a set and forget workflow to keep you in the creative mindset without worrying about the technical aspects of recording.
- Learn to sing with better pitch while recording, saving your hours of editing and tuning.
- Learn how to stay "in the moment" and capture your most authentic performance based on real-life case studies.
- Learn simple but powerful recording techniques to produce great sounding vocals tracks without expensive gear or spending hours searching on YouTube.
- Learn how to never struggle to hear yourself in your headphones again while recording.
- Learn how to avoid strain and injury while singing to get your best vocal performance.
- Learn how to self produce your vocal performances and develop your own musical ideas.
- Learn how to prepare your vocal ideas before taking them to your band/songwriting team
- Learn how to take the knowledge found inside the course to start a side gig recording other vocalists.
- Learn simple, time tested tricks to write lyrics quickly in the moment.
- Learn how to cultivate a "singer's mindset" to manage nerves while recording in the studio.
- Must have: A Windows or Apple Computer.
- Must have: A digital audio workstation (DAW) such as Logic, Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, etc.
- A simple list of additional recording gear will be made available inside the course but if you already have a microphone, xlr cable, recording interface, and studio grade headphones then you're good to go!
"Vocal Home Recording - Getting Great Takes With Ease" is a step-by-step video series that will take you from complete beginner to recording professional level vocals in your home studio without expensive gear, and without a degree in audio engineering.
In this course you will learn.
How to create a set and forget workflow to keep you in the creative mindset without worrying about the technical aspects of recording
How to record your vocals with better pitch
How to stay "in the moment" with your performance based on real-life case studies
Simple recording techniques to produce great sounding vocals tracks without expensive gear or spending hours searching on YouTube.
How to avoid the pitfalls of beginner recordings thus saving hours of frustration by learning how to create the perfect listening environment inside your headphones while singing. Never struggle to hear yourself in your headphones again.
How to avoid strain and injury while singing to get your best vocal performance.
How to self produce your vocal performances and develop your own musical ideas.
How to prepare your vocal ideas before taking them to your band/songwriting team
How to take the knowledge found inside the course to start a side gig recording other singers.
Simple, time tested tricks to write lyrics quickly in the moment.
Learn to teach yourself about music by making your own.
And much more
Who this course is for:
- For singers, songwriters and musicians of all levels who want to record from home quickly and efficiently and get professional sounding recordings.
Aaron Cloutier is a musician, composer, multi-instrumentalist, producer and educator.
For the last 20 years, Aaron has dedicated his life to his professional musical pursuits and has refined his expertise in the Metal, Rock, and Pop genres.
Beginning as a guitar player at the age of 16 with roots in Thrash Metal, Aaron has expanded his playing to adopt influences from Jazz, Folk,Progressive Rock, Classic Rock as well as elements of Shred and even World music.
After one year of private music lessons, Aaron’s pursuits led him to study songwriting, singing and audio production. The end result being a 15 song demo under the name "DAVOLA".
By this time, Aaron was teaching guitar privately and honing his guitar, vocal, songwriting, and production skills on his various projects both personal as well as collaborative before deciding to further his education.
In the summer of 2009, Aaron relocated to Arizona and attended the Conservatory of Recording Arts and Sciences to study music production and audio engineering.
Upon graduation, Aaron had the privilege of assisting on "Dead New World" (Victory Records). The 2010 release from Latin Metal band Ill Nino where he handled recording duties for 90% of the vocals for the project. Earning him an assistant engineer credit on a record released worldwide in the process.
Since the release of "Dead New World”, Aaron has spent the last 10 years as a Guitar and Vocal instructor for School of Rock both in New Jersey and Kentucky respectively and continues to teach privately to this day.
When he is not teaching or composing his own music, Aaron works as a hired gun collaborating with various musicians from all over the world ranging from independent artists and producers to music companies the likes of Korora Audio, Redwirez and Ugritone. He even had a chance to work with world renowned actor Sir Christopher Lee. Aaron lives for the creative process and continues to compose on a near daily basis.