VMware Workstation Pro 12: A Virtualization Beginners Course
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Create, Revert, Delete and Manage Snapshots
- Create, Clone, Convert, Remove and Manage Virtual Machines
- Create a Linux Virtual Machine
- Create a Windows Virtual Machine
- Understand Preferences and Hardware Customization
- Set up Virtual Machine Networking in Multiple Ways
- Create Virtual Machine Backups
- Basic I.T. Skills such as installing software, running windows. Must know basic I.T. terms such as hard drive, memory.
- Basic Networking Knowledge (IP Address, DHCP)
Learn how to install and properly configure VMware Workstation 12 Pro so that you can then create, configure and properly manage Virtual Machines. Virtual Machines based on Linux or Windows can be used in a wide array of environments, from building a home lab, testing, QA, software development, educational environments or business environments. There is no limit to the use-cases for Virtual Machines. They are an efficient and easy-to-manage medium that can run on one single physical machine.
Users of All Levels, Get Ready to Dive Into the World of Virtualization:
- Install and Understand VMware Workstation 12 Pro as a Platform.
- Create, Delete and Clone Virtual Machines Quickly and Easily.
- Convert Physical Machines to Virtual Machines
- Configure Preferences, Hardware and Settings to Your Needs
- Create and Manage Snapshots and Networking
- Create Backups of VM's and Consider Best Practices
Learn Virtualization, One of the Hottest and In-Demand Technologies Right Now:
- Virtual Machines Have Many Benefits:
- Increase Productivity (Less Time Spent Waiting for Environment to be Ready)
- Lower Operating Costs (Power Consumption, Hardware Cost)
- Make Testing and Learning Easy
- Flexibility of Multiple Operating Systems in One Environment
- Infinite Scalability and Expansion Opportunities.
Increase Your Employment Prospects:
- Most Small, Medium and Large Businesses I.T. Departments Are Already Virtualized
- Employers Seek Talented and Knowledgeable I.T. Staff to Manage Virtual Environment
- Creating a "Home Lab" Will Allow You to Remain Ahead of the Competition
- You Will be Able to Learn Other Technologies More Efficiently
- I.T. minded users of all levels. Those interested in Virtualization at the desktop level or for a smaller environment.
- Those who want to create a home lab
- Small, Medium, and Large Businesses that need Virtual Machines on a budget
- Those looking to get involved in Virtualization technology
- Anyone looking to try out an operating system in a virtual environment before upgrading. i.e. windows 10
- Software testers, developers and programmers
- Entry and Mid-Career I.T. Pros looking to enhance their career prospects.
Upon completion of this lecture, students will be able to install and run VMware Workstation 12 Pro on their host machine.
Upon completion of this lecture, students will be able to create a Linux virtual machine with typical settings.
Upon completion of this lecture, students will be able to customize the hardware of their virtual machine quickly and effectively. Student will learn how to add and remove virtual hardware components as well as make changes to the specifications of the virtual machine, such as RAM and CPU.