Build a VMware Home Lab From Scratch With this Free Course!
- All Needed Software Are Available For Free, or Trial
- No Prior Background with Virtual Machine Technologies Is Required
Businesses are compelled to choose cost-effective solutions to minimize the use of resources. Additionally, experimenting with production equipment is never the right answer. Therefore, specialists often build home labs, safe environments for testing without high-cost expenses. Many businesses and developers use VMware home labs. After the introduction of VMware Workstation in 1999, home labs became available for all, not just enterprises aiming for secure testing environments.
Nowadays, millions of developers take VMware lab setup for home for learning to operate new software or incorporating new features into their projects. Nowadays, virtualization is one of the dominant choices for generating virtual versions of devices or systems. VMware is the leading provider of virtualization, and in this course, we will be taking a look at the creation of VMware home labs.
What are the VMware home labs?
Building a virtual machine server can sound expensive and complicated. However, the creation of home labs is less of a struggle than you imagine. First of all, it is necessary to observe the freedom for experimentation that these virtual labs provide. Passionate tech specialists can build safe environments and get hands-on experience in the fields of networking, cybersecurity, or software. Therefore, this VMware ESXi tutorial is versatile to anyone interested in designing their home lab.
What is VMware Workstation?
VMware Workstation is a virtual machine software that creates secure virtual machines. In other words, it lets you run multiple operating systems on a single device. Instead of spending resources on several hardware tools to complement actions on different OS, you can use one device to achieve multipurpose features you need.
What will you find in this course on VMware lab setup for home?
In this course on VMware home labs, we will begin by listing some of the main requirements. First of all, you need to make sure that your processor supports EM64T and VT. Secondly, you should check whether virtualization technology is enabled on your host. Lastly, I will discuss some of the VMware vSphere 6.5 LAB memory requirements. The more powerful CPU you have, the more flexibility your VMware home labs will offer.
This VMware ESXi tutorial is perfectly suitable for beginners in virtualization and creation of home labs. However, if you want to be a competitive IT specialist, home labs are essential for fast and efficient learning. I will explain how you should download the VMware Workstation Player, the ESXi and vCenter Server 6.5, and the Windows ISO images. After the initial steps, we will work towards building a virtual machine server and implementing other steps towards a functional home lab.
Do not skip this chance to learn more about the creation of home labs with VMware! It will not only improve your resume but help your personal growth as well! With that extra experimentation, you will be able to learn and improve your skills!
- Students Just Starting Out With vSphere
- System Administrators
- IT Infrastructure Manager
- vSphere Administrators
- Introduction: VMware vSphere 6.5 Home LAB
- Everyone has an accent
- Your Feedback is Important
- Introduction to Virtualize Intel VT-x/EPT or AMD-V/RVI
- Ensure that Your Processor Supports EM64T and VT
- Ensuring Virtualization Technology is Enabled On Your Host
- Enabling Virtualization Technology in HP and Lenovo
- VMware vSphere 6.5 LAB Memory Requirement
- VMware vSphere 6.5 LAB Topology
- Download VMware Workstation Player 14
- Download ESXi and vCenter Server 6.5
- Download Microsoft Windows ISO images
- VMware Workstation Player 14 Installation
- Overview of VMware Workstation Player 14
- Create a New Virtual Machine
- Customize Virtual Machine Hardware: Memory "RAM "
- Customize Virtual Machine Hardware: Processors "CPU"
- Network Setting: The Bridge
- Network Setting: The NAT And The Custom Network
- Power On And Control A Virtual Machine
- Virtual Machine Hard Disk Setting
- Select a Guest Operating System
- Creating A Virtual Machine for ESXi 6.5 Server.
- Creating A Virtual Machine for vCenter Server
- Launch you vSphere 6.5 Home Lab
- Bonus Lecture: The Complete VMware vSphere 6.5 Course Beginner to Advanced
Ben is an IT Administrator Diploma and has built a successful business in coaching, online marketing, SEO, Web Development, content marketing, CPA marketing and lot of other projects.
In this Profile I share with you my successful strategies and techniques in different fields with easy ways that go from beginners to expert levels.
I've served you (and over 73,000 other students) with my Udemy courses the last year - and I’ve taught you and them:
How to make money from CPA Marketing
How to use the best CPA Tactic
How to attract +200 lifelong Twitter followers a day
How to use Twitter on marketing
How to discover your Business Priorities
How to make your website Mobile Friendly
How to replace manual, repetitive, and time-consuming operations with an Automated solution.
How to quickly automate basic Administrative Functions..
How to master Windows Powershell Cmdlet
How to deploy and manage Virtual Machines
How to install and config Virtual Datacenter
How to master Vmware Vsphere environment
How to build App with Sencha Touch Framework
and more and more.
By taking one of my courses you will get the Full Support and Answers to any of your questions.