VMware Basics - vCenter Server Appliance VCSA
- A basic understanding of VMware and Virtualization
- A basic understanding of vSphere ESXi
This course will teach you about managing Virtual Machines with the vCenter Server Appliance or VCSA.
We will cover:
- Installation of the vCenter Server Appliance (VCSA)
- Linked Mode and the Platform Services Controller (PSC)
- How to Add an ESXi Host to a vCenter DataCenter and Cluster
- VM Cold Migration
- VM Live Migration (vMotion)
- Clone a VM to another VM
- Clone a VM to a VM Template
- Create a Customization Spec for a Linux VM
- Create a Customization Spec for a Windows VM
- Create a new VM from a Template and Customization Spec
Once you have completed this course please see my other courses on
- VMware vSphere Host Client
- Google Cloud VMware Engine (GCVE)
- The History of the DataCenter - Mainframes to Virtualization
- NVIDIA GRID for Shared GPU and CUDA on VMware vSphere ESXi
Who this course is for:
- VMware Engineers working with vSphere ESXi 7
- VMware Administrators working with vSphere ESXi 7
- Developers working with vSphere ESXi 7
- Network Engineers working with vSphere ESXi 7
- Storage Administrators working with vSphere ESXi 7
I Just joined Google as a Customer Engineer (August 2021)
I was previously a Lead Architect and CTO Ambassador at VMware, covering all VMware technologies, Tanzu, Docker and Kubernetes, VMware Cloud on AWS (VMC-on-AWS), Google Cloud VMware Engine and Google Cloud Platform.
I've been a VMware Consultant, Advisor, Trainer or Employee for almost 20 Years, and currently work in the Enterprise Accounts team at VMware UK.
I also have an interest in A.I. & Machine Learning, ARM & RISC-V, DevOps/Agile/Infrastructure-as-code and LEAN manufacturing.