VLAN on MikroTik with LABS (RouterOS & SwOS)
What you'll learn
- Understand why we need VLAN's in our networks
- Understand the different between Trunk and access ports
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS (prior version 6.41)
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS using the Switch Board
- Configure VLAN's on RouterOS without using the Switch Board
- Understand and configure Q-inQ
- Configure VLAN's on MikroTik Cloud Smart Switch (CSS) using SwOS
- Configure VLAN's on MikroTik Cloud Router Switch (CRS)
- Configure VLAN Management in CSS Switches
- Configure VLAN Management on CRS Switches
- Basic network knoweldge
- Knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol
Configuring VLAN's on MikroTik products can be a challenge. There are different ways to create VLAN's and the configuration differs from a MikroTik product to another.
For this reason, I have created this course to show you all possible ways of creating VLAN's on MikroTik products. This will include configure VLAN's on RouterBoards using the RouterOS, on CRS switches using RouterOS, as well as on MikroTik CSS switches using SwOS.
Finding information on the internet of creating VLAN's on MikroTik products is very limited, so this course can be used as a reference in case you want to create VLAN's in your production network.
To be able to practice all LABS of this course, you require to have physical hardwares as following:
2 x RB such as RB941 or RB951
1 x CSS switch such as RB260
1 x CRS switch such as CRS109
3 x UTP cables
1 x PC
I hope you will enjoy this course and I will see you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Students who wants to understand how VLAN's work and how to apply them on MikroTik products
- MikroTik engineers who want to implement VLAN's in their production networks
Hello everyone. My name is Maher Haddad with a very long experience in the IT sector. I hold a Bachelor in Computer Communications and a Master in Computer science.
I work as a trainer and I hold the following certificates: CCNA, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CCDA, CCNP R&S, CCDP, Microsoft MCP, Microsoft MCSA , MikroTik MTCNA & MTCRE, MTCWE, MTCUME, MTCTCE, MTCINE, MTCSE, Huawei HCNA, CWTS, LigoWave NFT engineer, LigoWave DLB Engineer, Fortinet NSE1, Fortinet NSE2, GVF Level1, GVF level2, GVF Level3 and much more.....
My experience in IT goes to year 2003 and I have been working all my life for international Internet Service Providers (ISP's) in different countries in the world.
You can visit my Facebook page as well as my YouTube channel where I set a lot of online labs.
I hope you will enjoy watching my courses.